st34ff
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post F-150 SuperCrew Comm.

I would like to know what you all think about the F-150 SuperCrew Commericals. The showing Vol. firefighters going to a call. What is your thoughts on it?

Kyle www.chalfontfireco.8m.com

mark440
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

This question was already posted. I suggest not making any comments on it becuase I recieved some hateful E-mails from my views on Ford and the commericial

------------------
    If in doubt - Call us out

Philip C
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs down

I missed the original posting, so I'll comment here. I don't like it because it doesn't show how things really are. The truck, w/out firefighting equipment, pulls up to the burning building closer than a pumper w/ water, hose & a pump EVER would(at least I hope not). And it is obviously a personal vehicle since it has no FD markings/lights; it has NO business near the fire building, just to drop off people & equipment. I darn sure wouldn't drive my $25,000+ vehicle that close to a raging fire!(nor would I drive my $2500+ one, for that matter!). I understand Ford was trying to show the truck's roominess and the fire adds visual impact, but that ain't the way things happen! O.K., I've vented. Take care and be safe.

------------------
    Phil Clinard
    Laurel VFD
    Prince George's Co Sta 10
    Laurel, MD
    www.laurelvfd.org

deanf
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs down

It's dumb. We all know it doesn't happen that way. The guys in the commercial (if they're FFs) should have had the balls to tell the producers how things are, and refuse to act in it if they didn't change it. They must have paid them a lot. Everyone has their price.

------------------
    Member, IAFF Local 2024

Thread Information