Thread: Grants

JAMESBENNETT
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb Grants

I AM IN SEARCH OF SOME GRANT PROGRAMS THAT CAN ASSIST MY DEPARTMENT IN BUILDING A NEW STATION AND TO AQUIRE A NEW RESCUE ENGINE. OUR COMMUNITY HAS GROWN OVER THE LAST TWO YEARS AND HAS REACHED OVER 5000 PEOPLE. THE PROBLEM HERE, AS EVERYWHERE, IS THE GROWTH IS COMING IN FASTER THAN THE TAXES AND WE ARE FALLING BEHIND. WE HAVE SOME MONEY FOR THIS PROJECT BUT, WE ARE FAR SHORT OF THE BOTTOM-LINE FIGURE WE NEED TO MAKE IT HAPPEN.IF YOU CAN THINK OF ANY GRANT OPPROTUNITIES OR MONEY FOR ASSISTANCE THAT MIGHT BE AVALIBLE IT WOULD BE HELPFUL.

D.SCHWER
    Firehouse.com Guest

Go to the US Fire Admin site at www.usfa.fema.gov

Click on publications scroll down click on shop publications, click on Fire Administration, click on book reports
    listed is a publication on funding

All publication are free

------------------
    The views and opinions expressed herin are my personal views and opinions and not those of any organization, department I may belong to or represent

Speedi120
    Firehouse.com Guest

Kevin Bacco
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

Your State government should have a Community Block Grant Program. This allows local government agencies acquire grant money for upgrades to the community. I just recieved a $10,000 for upgrades to my SCBAs. Start by researching the fema website, then write your State Rep. You can also aproach the private sector for larger grants for building construction. But whatever you do, if you ever recieve grant money, always follow the contract to a tee, and you shouldn't have any problems. The biggest stumbling block will be writing your proposal.

------------------
    Kevin Bacco
    Pitcairn Fire Department
    Station 230

Chief Taylor
    Firehouse.com Guest

Community Block grants seem to work around here. One department has a new class A pumper and another one has a new fire station. I am going to start my grant writing in the near future. Good luck.

Thread Information