Curt Dawson
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb Directory of Volunteer Fire Departments

Does anyone know if there is a national directory of volunteer fire departments available?
    Thanks!

iwood51
    Firehouse.com Guest

Don't know about a national directory, but this link will get you all volunteer FD's and Ambulance Co's (ones that are seperate from the FD'S) in Suffolk County, Long Island, NY
    http://www.co.suffolk.ny.us/fres/

WOODMAN
    Firehouse.com Guest

I know at one time the NFPA had a listing on
    all departments that was broken down by regions of the United States.I belive it came in a set of 6 books at about $160.00 each but check with them.

ks_wildlandfire
    Firehouse.com Guest

The National Public Safety Information Bureau publishes the "National Directory of Fire Chiefs and EMS Administrators." It isn't just volunteer departments but it is a fairly comprehensive list and seems to be up to date. We got it for $99 and you can order it from their website http://www.safetysource.com

Forum Member

Default LIst of all Fire Departments in th US

FireDepartment.net has a list of both paid and volunteer fire departments. On the bottom of each fire department profile, the site has a statistics section that says if the department is paid or volunteer.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by larsestrem View Post
    FireDepartment.net has a list of both paid and volunteer fire departments. On the bottom of each fire department profile, the site has a statistics section that says if the department is paid or volunteer.
    I don't figure the original poster is still around to see an update to his thread from 2000, but those who do see this should know that the directory is incomplete. It's missing five fire departments just in my county, some of which have existed since the early 1980's.
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

You might be able to find state listings on the internet. I don't think I'd want to pay a hundred bucks for something I could look up myself.

Thread Information