JMP17
    Firehouse.com Guest

Red face Quit Clowning Around!

Last week I was checking out the forums and the tones go off " Responding for a person down unresponsive" I leave the system on and head for the house. I pick up the ResQ, noone else was there so I sign on and make the two minutes to the scene, a local mini mart. As I pull in what do I see but a CLOWN face down in the parking lot, bystanders say she's breathing with a pulse. But I find her unresponsive, roll her over, no breathing and no pulse! I break out the BVM give a couple breaths and start CPR, when the medic arrives(Very shortly thereafter) I give him the readers digest version he puts the pads on, V-fib one shock and into V-tach with agonal resp. wich I cotinued to assist enroute to the ED. When we left she had a good BP and breathing on her own.
    When I say Clown I mean costume, makeup, big shoes and all. That was a first for me!
    I just hope she was on her way back from the party and not on her way to it! It's always someting new!
    Stay SAFE!!!
    JMP17

[This message has been edited by JMP17 (edited August 31, 2000).]

NCFiremedic
    Firehouse.com Guest

Outstanding job... most be tough to bag around the big red nose though. But from the post's I've read, you seem to be a pro.

JMP17
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Actualy the big red nose was off, I think she landed on it! But it went well, as I'm sure your aware NC it doesn't always turn out this way.
    Thanks for the compliment!
    STAY SAFE!!
    JMP17

[This message has been edited by JMP17 (edited August 31, 2000).]

Brian Dunlap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

JMP17....Clown or No Clown

YOU DID THE DEED AND A LIFE WAS SAVED GREAT JOB !!! IT'S WHAT THIS BUSINESS IS ALL ABOUT ... COMMING TO THE AID OF THOSE IN NEED !!!!

bob1350
    Firehouse.com Guest

I say absolutely GREAT JOB!!

JMP17
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thanks to you all, but we know this was the best of turnouts not the usual. Wetry so hard on these types of calls and it's sure great when it works out the way we'd like.
    STAY SAFE &KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!
    JMP17

Thread Information