Thread: info request

vollieff
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question info request

Our Dept. has been trying to actrct new, younger members. it's hard in this day and age to recruit new volunteers. Our Dept. has has started a life insurance policy for us, no matter how we die. Some of us where thinking that maybe some type of stippens or small retirement fund maybe one way to go. I would appreciate any of you that could tell me some of the programs you may have avaible to your members. I have heard of a few in short detail, but never got the whole picture. any replies would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

NCRSQ751
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

Doesn't your state have anything like that available for Fire/Rescue/EMS? Check out http://www.ncarems.org/ this is our state Rescue/EMS association page, click on 'benefits'. It outlines the benefits that association members have. For the small amount that we put into it we have available a pension fund, AD&D coverage, health insurance and scholarships. If you don't have one, you should!

------------------
    Susan Bednar
    Captain - Forsyth Rescue
    North Carolina Strike Force 1

firebox1
    Firehouse.com Guest

This is what we have for our volunteer member's they are covered under the insurance full coverage, they are provided with full turn outs, classes paid for, and they get a thirty dollar stipend for all training's, all medical runs, and all fire calls they respond to, plus they are paid ten dollars an hour after the first three hours there after,

Fire1201
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our department is a member of the Southern Wisconsin/Northern Illinois Fire/Rescue Association; the association offers life insurance to its members regardless of whether the death was fire related or not. Each year the benefit goes up $100. I believe we are at around $3500.

JAMESBENNETT
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

MY DEPARTMENT HAS JUST PUT A NEW AD@D POLICY INTO EFFECT THIS LAST YEAR THAT WILL COVER OUR VOLUNTEERS 24/7. IT IS FOR $250,000 AND HAS SEVERAL OTHER BENIFITS SUCH AS HIV PAY-OUT, MEDICAL EXPENCE'S, AND OTHERS. IT COST OUR LOCAL GOVERNMENT $10,000 A YEAR, AND IT WOULD HAVE COST US AROUND $17,000 DOLLARS TO BUY INTO A PENTION PLAN. THIS IS NOT THE ONLY WAY TO ATTACT NEW MEMBERS THOUGH, I HAVE ASKED THIS SAME QUESTION OF MANY AND GOTTEN AN ABUNDENCE OF ANWSERS. THE MOST COMMON WERE LOCAL GOVERNMENT CUTTING BREAKS ON UTILITIES, PAY BY THE CALL,AND EXPLORER PROGRAMS AT LOCAL SCHOOLS. I HOPE THIS HELP YOU IN YOUR VENTURE.

Thread Information