fireemtI
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post for firefighters that are paid on call whats the average wage .

well guys i just wanted to start a poll on how much paid on call firefighters get in your area we are trying to negotiate a wage with the town board for our paid on call personelle we are on a combination dept and have full time guys and paid proffesinals the paid on call personeele right now are making starting out $ 6.00 an hour.

stay safe
    matt

firetrucker
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Same here, 6 bucks and hour plus $1500 off property taxes. Not to shabby! Oh yeah, and a free place to wash my car...

Les.H
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

I am a Retained Sub Officer in the UK and I get 290 a month as an allowance for the average 100 hours a week that I am expected to cover. I then get 17.78 a call for the first hour and 7.65 per hour there after or for any other time that I work at the station. If the appliance has already got a crew (first six ride)and they don't need me, then I get 8.94 for attended the station. We have around 700 calls a year and that helps pay a few of the bills.

------------------
    Kindest regards & keep safe,

Sprinkle (UK)
    www.crowthorneinfo.co.uk

FDMichiganMan
    Firehouse.com Guest

The paid call guys in my hometown have two wage scales. The first is 5.75/hr for the first year as a probie. After a year, it jumps to 12.75/hr.

Eric

[This message has been edited by FDMichiganMan (edited 02-05-2001).]

CAPTAIN WHO
    Firehouse.com Guest

Now this is in Canadian $ so take it for what its worth.

Training/paperwork, maint duties etc $10.00 hr

Emergency response $16.00 per hour. All hours are rounded to the next hour. 2.25 hrs = 3 hrs.

Bunker Gear / Flight suits / Uniforms / POV beacons all supplied.

[This message has been edited by CAPTAIN WHO (edited 02-07-2001).]

iwood51
    Firehouse.com Guest

Let's see, I get $0.00 for the first hour and half that after that. Officers get twice that. Sorry, just jealous Hey Les, how's the hometown?

axman
    Firehouse.com Guest

$10.65 Per hour and $225.00 uniform allowance

------------------
    STAY SAFE ALL OF MY BROTHERS.

MetalMedic
    Firehouse.com Guest

Originally posted by axman:
    $10.65 Per hour and $225.00 uniform allowance

Holy Banannas!!! Where in Ohio are you at, I want to relocate!!! We are in the process of some kind of upgrade... but I THINK we are currently getting $7.50/hr. for calls and $5.50/hr. for meetings and training.

------------------
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

391HD
    Firehouse.com Guest

I am glad everyone has figured out what you're asking for, amidst all of the spelling and grammatical errors!

And to think, the juniors and explorers post's exhibit poor spelling and grammar.
    Who are they learning from?

sponge
    Firehouse.com Guest

Firefighters get $6.00 an hour (scheduled weekly training and fires). Officers get a few bucks more depending on rank.
    Rescue techs get $7 an hour for rescue calls.
    EMTs get more (not sure what), with increases for higher certifications.
    It's a pretty good deal, especially considering that back on Long Island, I was in the same boat as iwood, zilch. Well, I did get half off on my pool pass, and there's always that retirement thing (the points program).

firenresq77
    Firehouse.com Guest

Not sure on all the pay levels, but I, as a FF/EMT, get $11.50 per point. We get a point for the 1st 2 hours of an incident, then a point for every hour after that. Same goes for training. Schools we get 1 point for every 3 hours of school. We usually get a 3% raise around april. Chief was also looking at getting rid of point system and just go by hourly.

FFTrainer
    Firehouse.com Guest

Let's do some math here....

The Chief gets Peanuts

Asst. Chief a bit less

so that must leave somewhere around peanut shells if I'm lucky. It's probably more like the little reddish skin that covers the peanut in the shell.

We are working on the LOSAP program so the future is brightening.

MetalMedic
    Firehouse.com Guest

I just found a copy of the Ordinance that is currently being considered for rates of pay for firemen of the City of Orrville. (Interesting they still use the term "firemen") These would be the hourly rates if the ordinace passes:

Meetings, Training, Work Details and new recruits without training: $7.00

1st and 2nd Assistant Foremen of Apparatus while performing vehicle maintenance: $8.00

Firefighters with "Volunteer Firefighter" training: $8.50

Firefighters with "Firefighter I" training: $9.00

Firefighters with "Firefighter II" training: $9.50

EMT with "Level A" training on EMS runs: $10.00

EMT with "Advanced" training on EMS runs and Lieutenants on Fire runs: $10.50

Fire Captain on Fire runs, EMS Captain on EMS runs and EMT with "Paramedic" training on EMS runs: $11.50

Assistant Fire Cheif on Fire runs: $12.50

The Fire Chief if a full-time salaried position.

------------------
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

dimab
    Firehouse.com Guest

It's very simple around here. $5.50 an hour for everyone, all hours are rounded up to the next whole hour.
    --------------
    www.thfd.8m.com

TDFDCaptain#5
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

We all get $15.85/hr. for calls and training courses. Daytime calls minimum 2 hrs. nightime calls minimum 3 hrs. Officers get $150/quarter rate pay. Chief and DC get higher per hr. pay. All equipment is supplied. Regular training/meeting nights we get $35 every two weeks split evenly between both depending on which one(maybe both) you attend. Payed quarterly.

Fire29_1999
    Firehouse.com Guest

We used to get $5.00 per hour one hour minimum, but one of the trouble makers in the department went to the city manager and wanted senority for the next full time position, because we were considered part time city employees, so now we get $10.00 per call total and are not considered part time just volunteers.
    stay safe

TriTownship600
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

We get $10.00 for the first hour then $6.50 per hour there after.

Eng522ine
    Firehouse.com Guest

Like FFTrainer, I'm in New Jersey and the future IS looking brighter but as of now we get a $320/yr clothing allowance and that's it. Our Deputy Chief is working on a Pay-Per-Call proposal at a flat rate of $15/hr for EMS runs only. We are also working on passing a version of the LOSAP program, which if I'm not mistaken, allows a maximum of $1320/per year in a retirement type account with full vesting after 5 years. My department is a Fire/Rescue department that runs all BLS calls in our town and the Pay-Per-Call plan is in response to what ammounts to a ****-poor daytime response for most BLS calls. To the best of my knowledge we will still get paid nothing for fire runs.

firefighter26
    Firehouse.com Guest

I was always told that there are three types of firefighters.
    1. Paid (salary)
    2. Paid on Call (paid per call)
    3. Volunteer (nothing)

In my hall we get $100 a year that 90% of our members turn back over to pay for things like: fireworks at Halloween; Candy canes and Christmas etc. Last year, we became able to claim $1000 deductable on our income tax.

F52 Westside
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Paid on Call at my dept. get
    $12.00 hr for Emergency calls,
    $6.00 hr for Training
    $8.00 hr for relief time.

------------------
    Eddie C. - a.k.a - PTFD21
    ECarn21's Homefire Page
    Local 3008
    "Doin' it for lives n' property"

chief4102
    Firehouse.com Guest

We receive $10.00 per hour for fire and rescue responses. Minimum of 1 hour. For meetings and training we are paid $10.00 per diem. We are about average in pay rate for our area.
    Be Safe
    Dan

[This message has been edited by chief4102 (edited 03-07-2001).]

firefighter8015
    Firehouse.com Guest

For the first 1 1/2 hour:

$5 base rate for all
    $1 for each level you obtain (ff2,ff3,eng,lt,capt,asst. chief)

$2/hr for all after 1 1/2 hours.

CaptainCarp
    Firehouse.com Guest

$8.00 per hour city calls and $7.00 per hour dist call small price to pay for the level of service.

Herrin 833
    Firehouse.com Guest

$20 per month for training
    Paid in units,every hour is four units. Guaranteed one hour on any call that comes in,auto alarm/rescue/fire call. $10 per hour.
    I'm not in it for the $$$,but finally doing something I've always wanted to do,I also have a full time job.

Thread Information