Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Brian Dunlap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking "EMERGENCY" Marathon 3/24 and 3/25

For those Intrested The Show that Started it for alot of us out there "EMERGENCY" will air a 48 hour Marathon on TV Land --- 48 Episodes of the Hit 1970's Show LACo. Paramedics Gage and Desoto and good 'ol Squad and Engine 51...I personally found the show intresting both as a kid in the 70's and even now as I slowly approach 30 something.....Wondering what others think about the Show and does it add up to the other TV Shows and Movies about Firefighters/EMT's/Paramedics over the last 3 decades...Whats your Opinion ?

Engine69
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

EMERGENCY! Yep, that is what got me to where I am today. I am approaching 40 years of age... so it is even more telling of the influence it had on me. It is amusing today to look back at the show and see how far we have come in technology. I just recently began instructing AED (Automatic External Defibrulator) and think about what a big deal it was back then to see the Paramedics in the field actually "shocking" people back to life. It is awsome to think that now we can allow a civilian to do the same thing and not worry about them making a mistake.

[This message has been edited by Engine69 (edited 03-19-2001).]

Thread Information