+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 First ... 2345
    Forum Member

Medical for a fall. I was cruising back home from the station and heard the call and location, and realized it was about 20 seconds back up the road. Flipped a uuey, and cruised on up there. I was the only one there, on my first medical, for like 10 minutes. The RP had cancelled the call and the accompanying career engine as well (WHY). Luckily, the privatized ambulance company was still enroute so they came to save my rear. I was so flustered as it was my first call, but the call wasn't all that serious anyways. SCARY. Time to hit the books.

Forum Member

First call was a brush/field fire, The tree line along the dirt road for about 200ft was on fire as well as about half acre of a wheat field, grabbed a 1 3/4 and went to sweating lol (95 deg + 80% humidity + upper/lower bunker gear made for a sweat fest, Normally we would use the brush truck but it was down for maintenance)

Forum Member

My first call was (I hate saying this) a routine Alarm System at the place we go to atleast 3 times a month. I packed up, walked the TIC around to the notable areas and what not. No real fire for me yet, just started my probation a few weeks ago.

Forum Member

My first call was a Comm. Fire alarm At the Toledo Express Airport main terminal . Two other firefighters and I went on scene and met up with our chief who was on scene POV. we investigated the main terminal for smoke and fire but nothing was found. Turns out that the Fire alarm went off 3 more times in the same week and something was faulty with the low water pressure????

Forum Member

I had my first call today. Report of a gas odor in a building. Because I am exterior I could not go in the building and stayed outside with an officer.

Forum Member

Car fire......I wet myself a little when the tires blew
    I remember how jacked up I was........10 years later its still fun but not nearly as exciting as it used to be!

Forum Member

My first call was for a false alarm fire call at a house. The owner was flushing the well and the sytsem noticed a pressure drop and set off the alarm. While trying to reset it he set off the master alarm. When we pulled up the lady thought one of our officers in his POV was a cop and came out with her hands up. My first real fire call was for a brush fire. Contractor was widening a road through the middle of the woods and ripped and piled trees and stumps for about a mile and a half up and down the road. Lit the piles and left for the night. We spent 3 hours with 4 brush rigs and 2 engines putting them out. To make it better after being fined he did it again the next night.

Forum Member

MVA no injuries, lady crashed her car into one of those metal utility boxes that control the stop lights.

First fire. It was a fire that started from the dishwasher burnt up the kitchen and part of the living room. The cause of the fire was hilarious tho. The apartment was shared by a man and his boyfriend, they used a couple of dildos the night before and decided to clean them in the dishwasher. Anyways during the drying phase of the cycle they melted and fell onto the element and started the fire.

Forum Member

Today i had my first fire. It was a small brush fire

Forum Member

Just had my first structure fire call this past Sunday. It was a mobil home is the same park I live in. After the first crew got the fire out our chief sent us probies in to spray some foam and overhaul. The strange thing about it was when the tones dropped boom instant rush. Heading to the station and getting on a truck were all a mass rush of people yelling and running everywhere. But once on the fire ground all the chaos was still going on but yet somehow it all seemed so calm and peaceful. Almost like in the movies where everything is going in slow motion. Without knowing what to do I somehow just knew what to do. Sure I had done some training before hand but nothing that really deals with what to do on the fire grounds. Everything just felt right.

Forum Member

My first call was a few years back. It was a minor MVA just 3 hours after being voted in to the FD.

Forum Member

As a probie, I remember my first call, very well. Tones went off at 0130 Semi on fire,on the Turnpike unknown contents. I live 9 miles from the Station. Didn't make the first out Engine, but caught the Tanker. We roll up in the Tanker Semi cab is fully envolved, the trailer is 3/4 gone. I pulled a 2 1/2 laying a supply line from the Tanker to Engine. Then went to baby sit the foam bucket. Finally figured out what the truck was hauling when the side fell out, Oranges..... Still don't like them After the main fire was out i helped pull 1 1/2 to make sure the trailer was out. Even got to spray foam at the end had deal with icy roads, speeding semis, and mess of Oranges . Finally got done and back home around 0530. Heck of a first call.

Forum Member

Pull Box false alarm. Never forget it. Rode the backstep all alone hearing the sirens and air horns blarring as we raced across town. For a 20 year old, that was a big deal at the time.
    "Did you check under the bed?" -- Judge Crater, 1930

Forum Member

This month marks my 13th year in the fire service, my first call was a MVC on the interstate, I was on the first due engine with the chief, when we arrived on scene the call went from bad to worse, not only was it a MVC it was a well involved big rig with the driver still in the cab. Nothing we could do, it was later determined that the driver had a heart attack and was dead before the truck left the road.

Forum Member

Thread is old but I figured, "Why not add to it". My first call was back in 1990 soon after I joined the local Dept in Northern Mn. I was a senior in High School and at play practice. We got paged for an out of control field fire at a members house. When the pager went off everyone jumped, I yelled, "Oh ****" and ran out. The next day our advisor reminded me there were "Little people" around (7th graders) and to watch when I say. Funny part was not only was it the house of one the FD members but his son was also in Drama Club and was embarrassed as hell as he and everyone else heard his name on the pager. That was my ONLY call with that FD as just a few months later I was off to Navy bootcamp.

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

Structure fire back in Jan. 1993. I rode the tailboard in the freezing rain while putting on my gear.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Forum Member

My first call came on my first night in the service. It happened while we were sitting around having a beer (strictly one each) to celebrate one of the older guys retiring at the end of that shift.

It was a small fire in an industrial building. Just an overheated piece of equipment in a lab that was quickly put out using an extinguisher, but still exciting for somebody who'd been in the service proper for about two hours.

Forum Member

First call was my second day on call, about 8:40 in the evening to smoke in a domestic property, we had a good run to the location, we were first on scene. No sign of smoke, had a look around with the camera, confirmed no fire, put up a smoke alarm and that was it! Not the most exciting call in the world!

My first fire was exactly a month later, but it just a small fire in a builders skip!

Forum Member

First was an automatic alarm within ten minutes of getting issued gear.
    www.whatsinyourpockets.com

Your source for Quality, handmade Firefighter pocket tools

Forum Member

First call... Head on collision involving an intoxicated driver of a sedan and a large pickup truck. Driver of the sedan was a fatality, and the driver of the pickup was unconscious, with CSF showing around the ears. Just held C-spine and kept an airway until paramedics came. Pretty nasty stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 First ... 2345

Thread Information