Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    KIPSKI137
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post uniforms for parades

i would like ideas on what way members should dress for parades?full dress,a way of identifing your company,or casual.most parades we attend are for fairs at locale fire companies.

Engine58
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

All parades except little league, halloween,christmas etc...are Full dress uniform, we ALWAYS wear our uniforms to any types of parades we go to if we are marching..if not then we wear our dept shirts..and whatever types of pants or shorts we want to wear as long as our clothing looks presentable and professional..but I think for parades that you are marching in you should have full dress uniform but as you said if its for a parade for like a Fair or minor parade..then I'd just go with the Dept shirts....

------------------
    Andrew
    South Amboy, New Jersey
    Explorer Engine 6 So. Amboy Fire Dept & Cadet Morgan FAS
    "EMTS DON'T DIE THEY JUST STABILIZE"
    http://engine058.boltpages.com/southamboyfiredepartmentexplor erpost6/

Engine69
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

Normally, the senior member or ranking officer will designate the "uniform of the day" when we take one to a parade. If I happen to be that person and I really want to get some attention, I might designate our Class A Dress (hats, white shirts, ties, blouse, dress pants). However, that can get pretty warm in the middle of July around here. Normally, we wear our Lt. Blue uniform shirts and nice blue jeans. Sometimes, we will wear our Station T-shirts and blue jeans. At any rate, we always TRY to be dressed alike.

[This message has been edited by Engine69 (edited 04-19-2001).]

Brian Dunlap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Full Dress is the way to Go when on Parade !! We as a Company do this with the exception of our Local Haloween Parade and in the Extreme Hot of the Summer we may loose the dress jackets and gloves but the rest of the uniform remains on --- I Agree with Engine58 When your company is marching no matter the weather Full Dress Uniform Applies .......

------------------
    STRATFORD FIRE CO. # 1 NEW JERSEY FIREMEN'S CONVENTION OVER-ALL CHAMPIONS 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000

Archer131
    Firehouse.com Guest

I echo the feelings of Engine58, Brian. Show your pride when going to other Departments Parades etc. We as volunteers are also Proffesionals in our lifes, and communities show your pride in your, and our Proffesion Full dress for Parades is my vote!!!

Thread Information