Forum Member

Default Alternative to Minitor II or III

My town is currently testing out the Nova Pager by USAlert. So far we've found it to be a VERY nice alternative to the Minitor III pagers. Nice and small, vibrate, voice storage, and some other nice features.

Has anyone else had any experience with OTHER pagers besides the Minitor series?

- Turk II

Our county has also ordered the Nova pager to try. How long have you had them and what freq do you use?

Thanks,

Is the nova capable of 2 channels? We will soon be going to a duplex system and don't want to miss half the radio.
    Anybody using the sceptar?
    It is better to try and fail, then quit and succeed.

My cousin in another state has a septar and he hates it! he said he'd like his old one back. (mintor 1 AKA the brick) i hope the nova works out for you.We must be the only dept. to have mini 3's AND like them. We have had ours for the last 10 months no problems yet. We are also on VHF i think alot of problems are on the low band.(when 3's first came out they didn't have a low band model availible.)

Forum Member

We have Tatoo Alpha pagers, very nice because the dispatchers can put a gate code or combination in it without transmitting it to everyone with a scanner. Also, real easy to share the software to others in the department who may need to send out pages, the training officer, cheif, etc.

Take care and be safe
    Gabriel
    FF/EMT
    Nevada, Missouri
    1*

My company is currently letting area Fire & EMS Departments demo the Nova Pager from USAlert for Departments in the Lehigh Valley, PA area only.

We have one VHF and one UHF unit for you to try. So far the reviews have been pretty good.

Contact TuWay Wireless @ 610-865-3811

thanks
    ken janis
    ideas expressed & posted in the forum(s) are my own.

I would like to see more imput on how the NOVA pager is working out for you guys. Our county is still basically all motorola minitors. I have also used a Shinwa pager (out of business) and that also works very well for me. All the good comp. go out of business, Shinwa, Plectron, Etc. Haha Let me know either on this or email anytime. Fire321@twcny.rr.com

AOL SN - nsfd321
    -Stay Safe

We tested a Sceptar from Falcon Wireless in Birmingham against a Minitor 2 and Minitor 3. The Sceptar's performance was worse in all cases. Worse sensitivity, tonal quality and mechanical. Even would not alert sitting in a row with the other units. The frequency select slot is a pain to get to, and we were not impressed enough to buy any. We'd like to buy more portables, but we find everyone having a radio yeilds too much radio traffic on calls. Does everyone have to check enroute? So we're getting a few Minitor 3's.
    John Almon
    Williamson County Rescue Squad
    Franklin, TN
    J Almon

Thread Information