chief4102
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question How many of you fish?

Today was a beautiful spring day here. The kind that make you wish you were fishing. I was wondering, how many of the forum members fish, and what their favorite types of fishing methods and species are.

------------------
    Be Safe
    Dan

CFD14
    Firehouse.com Guest

I do like to fish, just never have the time.

fyrefyghter10
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

i do fish i am even a member of a bass fishing club. i fish for bass using artifical lures. i fish out of my dads ranger boat with a 150 suzuki.

------------------
    Brian Cirard

chf jstano
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work!

PaulBrown
    Firehouse.com Guest

The World Of Fire Report was delayed the weekend of May 19th & 20th due to fishing. I went to the lake house just outside of Owensville, MO. Great weekend for fishing.

Didn't catch much due to a heavy rain the day before, but did catch a couple nice size blue-gill early Sunday morning using night-crawlers. Crickets are also a popular bait. I've heard that "Bubba" the catfish which has broken many fishermens lines still lerks out there...

I'll have to put WOF Report on hold again and do some more fishing before Winter returns.

-Paul

firecat1524
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

I don't fish nowhere near as much as I would like to..but when I go I mainly fish for panfish with ultralights and either live bait or beetlespins etc or catfish with bait. And although it's been a long time since I have gone out...I enjoy bowfishing for catfish, carp & gar on the lake here.

I look at fishing as much needed therapy, especially fly fishing. Main reason I stayed in Alaska after retiring from the Air Force is for the fishing-just wish I had more time....Course I do miss Bass and bream fishing in Florida-especially with cane pole & crickets!!!!

Chief...........Ive forgot more about fishing than you will ever know! (HAHA) I fish salmon and steelhead up here in washington state. (for fun).In the summer time i go up to alaska and fish commercially for sockeye salmon.(I fight fire all year long so i can go to alaska and work on my bristol bay gillnetter) After high school i bacame a commercial fisherman and have fished for Halibut, herring, swordfish, black cod, squid,and now i limit it to salmon. Ive caught hundred pound halibut of the docks in alaska and 300 pounders off shore. The best fishing though is standing in the river up to my belly button fishing for king salmon or steel head. Bass arent really too prevelent up here although i have nailed some big pike in alaska. Ive even toyed with the idea of becoming a fishing guide but thats as far as ive gone. If ya ever make it to washington e-mail me and i'll hook you up with some real fish.

I LOVE to fish, can't get enough of it. Bass fishing is what I love, but would really like to get into some big cats, salmon, and/or pike. I plan on getting set up with a fly rod in the near future and would like to take it down to do a bit of bone fishing.
    I have modified the whole "bad day of fishing" line. It goes like this....
    A bad day of fishing is still better than sitting on your ***** at home! Take care.
    Take care, stay safe, & stay low!

Lt.

I love to fish, but like may others, i hardly have time! As far as types of fishing go, I love to bass fish in a few of the small remote farm ponds in the area. If no-one believes in the lures that you see on tv, you haven't tried the Banjo minnow. It kicks *****! I normaly catch one on the first cast. I you know how to fish it in different conditions, you will catch em when nothing else will work! I like to fish for catfish in ponds or small lakes as well!
    Volunteer(noun): Completely Under-paid Professional

My 7 year old son and I fish for anything that bites in the water. He can be real trying at times, but we sure have a lot of fun. The little fart always catches more than the old man. Seems to pull in some of the most unusual things. We start out for bluegill, he pulls in largemouth. Go for carp, he lands flatheads and channel cats. He managed to land a 6 lb. wiper when we fished for crappie. Lucky little **#!!. Wouldn't have it any other way though.

Don't matter what ya catch-just have fun doin it.

bke

I fish as much as I can. I like to fish for rainbow trout. My best friend is into catfish but I will stick with the trout! If you guys are ever in the Four Corners try the Quality Waters at Navajo Dam. You can only keep one fish a day and it has to be over 18 inches!

Brian

[ 09-07-2001: Message edited by: bke ]

T. Barreca, Jr
    Firehouse.com Guest

Love to fish and do go whenever I can.

Type fo fish well so far I think I have the best of both worlds I can fish fresh or salt water. man living by the coast does have it's good points.

Stay low - Be cool

Forum Member

Unfortunately, I didn't get the time to do ANY fly fishing for trout this summer. But, I have been doing pretty good on the crappie and perch this fall. Isn't it great how fishing gets your mind off the stress of our jobs? And, it's great to be able to spend time with my son on the water too!
    Be Safe
    GOD BLESS the U.S.A. and FDNY
    Dan

LasVegasFTO
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default Bass Fishing !!

Bass fishing is what I do in my spare time. I have a 1999 Skeeter ZX186 with a Yamaha 150. For the most part, I fish Lakes Mead and Mohave out here in the SW. I am a member of the Southern Nevada Bass Masters (although I haven't fished with them for awhile). I used to play the tournament circuit (WON Bass, Anglers Choice, AmericanBass) but haven't done that lately. It's a shame how life gets in the way of hobbies !! Maybe I should start competing in the Firefighter Games??

I almost forgot, here's a pic of my fishing partner holding a couple BEAUTIES. Can you believe the size of these..........BASS ??? Isn't fishing GREAT !!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by LasVegasFTO; 04-08-2006 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Because I can !

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasFTO
    Bass fishing is what I do in my spare time. I have a 1999 Skeeter ZX186 with a Yamaha 150. For the most part, I fish Lakes Mead and Mohave out here in the SW. I am a member of the Southern Nevada Bass Masters (although I haven't fished with them for awhile). I used to play the tournament circuit (WON Bass, Anglers Choice, AmericanBass) but haven't done that lately. It's a shame how life gets in the way of hobbies !! Maybe I should start competing in the Firefighter Games??

I almost forgot, here's a pic of my fishing partner holding a couple BEAUTIES. Can you believe the size of these..........BASS ??? Isn't fishing GREAT !!
    I plan on taking a trip down that way - anymore pictures of those.......um bass?
    Warm Regards,
    Shawn Stoner
    EMT-B

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasFTO
    Wow! I haven't fished in 20 years....I think I'll go today and get me a license, a pole, and some bait. Wait! I'll need a boat, motor, old spice, ...)
    Take Care & be SAFE
    Bert

Thread Information