Default Workout Policies

My department is in the process of implementing a fitness policy. I have been given the responisiblity of writing the policy but I am looking for departments that have policies inplace.I am looking for information regarding policies on exercising while on duty. If your department has mandatory or volunteer workout session I am interested as to how they were implemented and how has the success been. I do have the book on Desinging the Fitness program and I know of the IAFC and IAFF fitnesss wnd wellness initiative. I am looking for information to help me write the policy.\

Thank you,
    Lt./PM R. Land

Bri

We are allowed to workout on not but it is not mandatory. Needless to say it does not work. I am the only one on my shift that works out, we have 7 per shift. Our allowed workout time is 4:30pm and by then the rest of the guys won't do anything. When the program began it was first thing in the morning and everyone took part then. I know people do not like it but I feel that it should be mandatory.

We have a PT program, we give our combat personell time and equipment to work out, we also test twice a year, once is a running, push-up, sit-up and flexibility test and the other is a more practical entry level type exam, but we breathe air and hit the keyser. the problems we have and many departments have is enforcing these requirements, we do tie them in with evaluations, but still have some frustrations. And yes it is mandatory
    Gilrod

Thread Information