MembersZone Subscriber

Unhappy Can't access Chat Room

I haven't been able to get the chat room to download since not long after 11 September - is it still working or has it been turned off?

If it is still working then hi to all of those who I used to communicate with on there - I am still around

And if it is still working, any ideas why I can't get it to download?

MembersZone Subscriber

Webteam, any help with this???

99% of the time I get a message saying that "There was no response. The server could be down or is not responding. If you are unable to connect again later contact the server's administrator (which I'm now doing )"

The other 1% of the time it does download, I get the sign-in page fill it out only then to be told "Netscape is unable to locate the server CYGWEB2:8080. Please check the server name and try again"

This is starting to get a little frustrating - is the chatroom still working?
    Busy polishing the stacked tips on the deckgun of I.A.C.O.J. Engine#1

...and before you ask - YES I have done a Bloody SEARCH!

Administrator

As far as we know, the chat room has been fine for a few weeks, down just here and there.

WHat browser are you using? We just checked...there are 15 users in there, none reporting problems.

Thanks
    WebTeam

MembersZone Subscriber

G'day,

Just tried again, still couldn't connect. I'm using Netscape 4.73

Damned if I know what is wrong with it.

I'll keep trying, but if anybody has any ideas I would really appreciate some help with this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Unless someone else has any ideas then I'm going to have to give up. I've even tried downloading Internet Explorer 5.5 and then using that to access the chat room, but still to no avail

At least some of the times recently when I tried to access the Chat, it looked like it was set up wrong, in that it seemed to be trying to request info from a server using a name like you would do if the machine was on you LAN

MembersZone Subscriber

That sounds like the same problem that I'm having, it keeps returning something like can't find the server CYGWEB2:8080.alphalink.com.somethingerother - I can't remember exactly what it is but you get the general idea. Alphalink is my server. Happens straight after you fill out the log in screen. Damned if I know what is going on, but I sure wish I could get to the bottom of it.

Thread Information