Question Firehouse software

Is any one else haveing a great deal of problem with this software? If so what OS are you running? We're running 5.21 on a win95 and have so many problems.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Post Deleted

A REMINDER TO ALL USERS:

IF YOU ARE A REPRESENTATIVE OR EMPLOYEE OF A SPECIFIC COMPANY, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM POSTING PROMOTIONAL MESSAGES ABOUT YOUR COMPANY WITHIN THE FORUMS.

ALL MESSAGES AS SUCH WILL BE DELETED.

THANKS
    WEBTEAM

We've run it on W95, 98, 2000 and XP machines with no problems at all.

Right now, we're running on a 2000 network.

Don't blow a bunch on another program, call FH tech support, they'll help you.
    It's only my opinion. I do not speak for any group or organization I belong to or associate with or people I know - especially my employer. If you like it, we can share it, you don't have to give me credit. If you don't, we are allowed to disagree too (but be ready to be challenged, you may be on to something I'm not). That's what makes America great!

Tech help at FH have been great. Tis the only reason we have it back up and running again.

Well we've got it back up and running once again. For now!! After we lost fire reports and traning data for the last two years. So once again we have to go a re-enter all the data. Me, I think the biggest problem is win95. Without a dought the worst OS ever let loose for the public to use. I'm in the middle of talking to the chief about a few more PC and networking them together. Thing is hes from the past and is scared to death of a computer. The thing i try and tell him is that pc's are here to stay chief and they can help us out a great deal. Think i rather hunt bear with a box cutter then convince him him of the IT world.

RJE

dewtime - yep, '95 is not the most stable OS ever built - but it isn't the worst, either! Been there!

Ever hear of backups?

Yep, i've heard of it. thing is i'm not there 24 * 7, 365 to back up everyones elses things. I know what your saying RJE.

Well win 3.1 was how should i say.....very very slow as were the cpu's then also.

thing is i'm not there 24 * 7, 365 to back up everyones elses things.

Then schedule automatic backups.

(RJE, correct me if I'm wrong on the instructions here, not using '95 anymore, got XP...)

Open Control Panel

Select Scheduled Tasks

Select Add Scheduled Task

Follwo the instructions in the Schedule Task Wizard and in the program window to run, select FireHouse Backup Utility and follow the rest of the instructions.

If that doesn't work for you...

Set your W95 backup utility to run automatically and have it back up the following file:

c:\program files\firehouse software\data

Or, go to www.tucows.com and find a backup utility that runs in W95.

Or, stop by the station every couple of days and back it up.
    It's only my opinion. I do not speak for any group or organization I belong to or associate with or people I know - especially my employer. If you like it, we can share it, you don't have to give me credit. If you don't, we are allowed to disagree too (but be ready to be challenged, you may be on to something I'm not). That's what makes America great!

RJE

If you need it available 24x7, you should be running XP anyway. A new computer (say an AMD Athlon 1.2 or Celeron 1.2 GHz) will only run around $600, and come with XP pre-loaded.

Thread Information