Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Question Schwarzenegger Movie

I've heared there's a new Arnold Schwarzenegger movie in which he plays an LA fire fighter? Does anyone have any details? I'd like to know when it starts, what the story is, and so on. Thanks,

Mike

the only arny movie I have scene previews for his one in which his family is killed or kidnapped and he goes to South America to get his revenge. I dont know if his job is as a FF or not. Could be he has two movies coming out soon....anyone?

MembersZone Subscriber

Collateral Damage is the title.

Should be out soon. They were supposed to release in September, but pulled it because the plot revolves around Arnold's family being killed by terrorists.

Yes, he is a firefighter in the movie. He actually went through a week-long crash course with L.A. (city or county I don't know) so he wouldn't look like the guys in Backdraft.

Incidentally, after working with the L.A. firefighters, I read that he wanted to donate a rescue truck to the department, but that they convinced him that thermal imaging cameras would be more useful. Can anybody from L.A. back me up on this? Did he buy some TIC for you?
    Bryan Beall
    Silver City, Oklahoma USA

MembersZone Subscriber

Sorry, double post.
    Last edited by SilverCity4; 01-30-2002 at 05:37 PM.
    Bryan Beall

bke

Exclamation This is the way I heard it.............

Silver City 4,

Hate to burst your bubble, but the way I heard it, the cast of Backdraft (those who portrayed FFs), were required to complete the Chicago Fire Academy. CFD said that they would not let their Department be portrayed in the movie unless the cast made it through the academy. If any CFD guys or gals read this, jump in, you probably have more info than I do. Sorry, I don't think I could take Arnold seriously if he played a firefighter.

Brian

MembersZone Subscriber

I hadn't heard that the cast of Backdraft went through any training, BKE. I guess it's really more the director than actors, anyway. I just hope the movie isn't TOTALLY unbelievable.
    Bryan Beall

RJE

BKE, I know the CFD still wears long coats and pull-ups, but I don't believe they go into industrial bldgs w/heavy fire w/o SCBA. They may have "wanted" their dept. protrayed in a positive light, but they totally lost out to a directory who (my opinion follows) insisted on "no masks" so you could tell who was who.

Like the 6" high "Bull" painted on the back of his coat wasn't enough

Default Backdraft

I Feel That Backdraft Was A Great Movie,Think About It,If they Did The Movie By The Book,It Wouldn't Be As Fun.If You Sit There While Watching The Movie And Nitpicking At Everything Your Ruining The Movie for Yourself And The Other People Around You.So What They Didn't Wear A Mask.Hollywood Is "If".Now If A Probie Watches That Movie After He Gets Onto A Department,Number One,Hes A DipS***,And Number 2,His Training Should Say,I Shouldn't Even Try That.But The Movie just Fun To Watch,Yeah It Would Have Made It Seem More Real,But Also Why Pay So Much Money And Cover His Face With A Mask?
    Shane
    Do not fear to step into the unknown...for where there is risk, there is also reward.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default The movie

I saw the movie Collateral Damage, and there's very little FF done. It's mostly as an intro the the movie, but I won't actually ruin anything for anyone. All I know is that he did do some training with LA, and I do believe that is was City, but hey, I could be wrong. All around, good movie...
    Joel

Lets never forget the events of 9-11

If you sent us to HELL, WE'D PUT IT OUT!!

**And of course these are only my opinion and only mine. Don't take it out on anyone else but me.**

Thread Information