Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Whats happening in Hamilton

Several people have told me there is some sort of dispute in Hamilton Ontario between the union and several volunteers who are also union members. I was told it made the National News up here, but I missed it, haven't seen anything since. Anybody catch it?

I do beleive I saw something in the mail-out from the Canadian IAFF. Check with your secretary.

Mike
    These are my views and opinions and do not reflect any of my affiliations.

I believe the problem you are refering to is about Union guys going back in and working for the same municipality as part time employees. So essentially they can pay a guy less money than the time and a half they should be paying an off duty man to work O/T and keep from hiring more firefighters to correct the initial problem of being understaffed. From my understanding they had asked the guys to quit part timing first and a few did. Those who did not have had charges filed against them by the International. So right now I believe its working its way thru the system.(This is my interpretation of the events and it may not be 100% correct but is from a reputable source)

Thread Information