Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Arrow

i am a JR. FIREFIGHTER and i am 17 years old but i am a firefighter in the sence of doing things i just cant enter a burning building at anytime how ever i can do outside attacts. if you need more info i will hook you up with it

thanx
    Richie Sobilo

SIT BACK FOR 30 DAYS then learn to focus that anger and do some good with it, the energy you spend bashing the chief would be spent better doing things to develop your own skills. Most officers have been disciplined or suspended sometime along the line, it's a learning proccess that many other people have gone through, don't let it bring you down.
    Firefighter/NREMT-P/Public Safety Diver
    May we ride into the darkness only to return as safe as we started!!

Don't sweat the little stuff. Kick back relax and enjoy the time off. It's not like it's your real job. Some friendly advise though don't say anything around the firehouse that you don't want the chief to hear about. After all there are three modes of communication in our world. Telegraph, tele-woman, and tele-firefighter. Sounds like you screwed up on two accounts and it had nothing to do with the first choice.
    Stay cool, Be safe

dude, that blows! i mean, who hasnt called their chief an arsehole once or twice? i think you should just tough it out, perhaps learning a lesson from this: it's okay to call your chief an arsehole, just dont let him/her find out. as to responding to calls with that company, do it. just remember to act courteous and professional. itll blow their minds, ya know? ive never been suspended, so i dont know what youre going through, but my engineer has, and he came back stronger. so relax, take the thirty, and remember this one thing: never call the chief names when theres even a possibility he/she can find out
    JC Makusztak
    Explorer Lieutenant/Firefighter Trainee
    San Bernardino County Fire Dept.
    Station 20, Lytle Creek

You've just learned a lesson.

what u take that lesson to be is up to u. i agree with the post about learning some diplomacy and that if u have a problem w/ how ur C1 operates on scene take it up the chain of command or w/him behind closed doors. if ur a jr or explorer u live on thin ice anyway so u have to be even more concious of the correct ways of handling greivances than full members because u arent. so deal with it LEARN FROM IT ,and go back after 30 days.
    Member IACOJ & IACOJ EMS Bureau
    New England FOOL
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    As always these are strictly my own opinions and views

As a great mind once told me

"Well it seems to me the best way you can deal with it is learn to live with it"

It's over and done with, Chief has the final say, Plus forget about going for the Chief's daugther that'll really complicate your relationship with him
    Watch what you say about your supieor officers and be thankfull you got suspended and not kicked out of the post
    Oh and maybe apologizing to the Chief might help smooth things over

Take the suspension, learn to keep your mouth shut at the right time, and you will learn soon enuff when to open your mouth. And as for the chief, it will come around full circle to him, it may take a while. Besides, if you stick it out through thick and thin, then your fellow firefighters will learn what kind of perserverance you have, and will earn their respect. Lemme tell you, your fellow firefighter's respect is ten times better than the chief's respect, after all they are the one who will be saving your butt when the crap hits the fan.

Temporarily/No Longer Active

Angry Suspended?

If you cannot learn to respect your officers, then find a new hobby. Most kids forget that being a junior is not your "Rights". If I were that chief I would have booted you for good! I seen a forum on Junior Fireman Rights, I say BS! You have no rights, your lucky they let you do what can now. All I've seen in our junior depts is whiners, complainers, smarta**es, and show-offs. I only know one good out of 9 of them. If it were my choice, they would either dwell on child labor laws, and respect or hit the road!

----------------------------------------------
    That's my two cents.... But many chiefs would agree.

HERE IS YOUR SOLUTION! I AM ALSO A JUNIOR I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. CHEIF SITS IN THE TRUCK BECAUSE HE IS COMMAND OF THE SCENE 9 TIMES OUT OF 10. THAT IS HIS JOB. HE HAS TO BOSS YOU AROUND AND GET YOU TRAINED IT MAY SEEM LIKE HE IS TREATING YOU LIKE CRAP BUT HE IS TRYING TO HELP. SO YOUR SOLUTION IS.. QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH AND GROW UP!!! BEING A JUNIOR IS A PRIVILEGE DONT SCREW IT UP!!!

MATT

ride out the 30 days, ride the rescue. a bit of advice from a personal stand point...stay away from the chiefs daughter, its not a good idea!!! Beilve me

Originally posted by Richie#18
    all i said was if he came up to me like he did last time i was going to have something done about it
    And what was that "something" that you were gonna have done? Are we missing details?

Also, is he really an *** or are you one of those juniors who think they already know everything about the fire service? And before you get all defensive, I've seen a million of these know-it-all juniors come and go over the years. Some mature and change their attitudes, others just have a lot of enemies.

You say he sits in his pickup and does nothing? What would you like him to do? Has he established himself as Incident Command?

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

I go with the rest. Sit it out and when you get back keep your mouth shut.

It is interesting though that at first you just called him a butthole because he just sat in his car at fires, and then another post you said he was threatening you since he heard you have an interest in his daughter.

I think if your Chief was to respond to this post, we would get an entirely different picture.

Thirty days will be over before you know it. Be patient.

Ed
    I.A.C.O.J.-Member

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits".-Albert Einstien

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door"-Milton Berle

Unhappy

Well guys thank you for all of your support and ideas from each other it helped me a lot on what to do. But however I have been terminated from the fire company, but they said it was because they said i threated him over the internet, but the Pres. Of the fire company, the Captain, and other firefighters think that its not fair because I requested the hearing and they send a letter to my house but i dont get it until it was to late so they said that i had my chance. And they said it had nothing to do with the Fire Chiefs Daughter but as of all the firefighters they said they would but lots of money on it to say it is because the way they went about this.

Question I am going to fight this because they are telling other fire companies things about me that are not true so I want to get them for defermaion of charticter as well as put that fire company under review because of all the things they do. But who do i have to contact for that? Please Help Me Because I Feel Used.

thanx, Richard G. Sobilo
    Richie Sobilo

Forum Member

Well this story gets better and better. If I were you, I probably would move on. Maybe you have done some things throughout the time that you were in? I have no idea, but I do feel there are some chapters missing from this book. Theres nothing you can do about it as long as you were rightfully terminated. In our bylaws you receive notice of atleast 5 days before the next meeting... they then vote, if 2/3 blackball you, your gone, plain and simple. Maybe you acted alittle too immature? I have no idea. But I would say, just move on. Atleast this way you might get out of your town and not come back for the fire department and this way it won't be able to run your life. Just pack up and move on. There's probably nothing you could do and it wouldn't be worrth it because when you go back there would be some personality conflicts and hard feelings.
    Firefighter/EMT Mitch Cowen
    Hose Co. 1 1st Lieutenant
    Randolph Fire Co. Inc

Richie just quit running your mouth and tough it out.

Matt

My best advice to is to move on, You messed up big time and it cost you let this be a lesson to you down the road when you want to make comments regarding an Officer, Also think about apologizing to the Chief it may not help you get reinstated but it might smooth things over a little, Also give up any hope of going out with Chief's daughter

Temporarily/No Longer Active Station7Cadet's Avatar
    Pittsville Volunteer Fire EMS Rescue Department, Inc. Pittsville MD "Pittsville Pride"

Default Re:Got Suspended Need Help

All I can tell you is tough it out, it is only Thirty days! Talking from experience, I know what you are going through! I got saspended for 30 days last year because my department has 11:00 p.m. cerfew for cadets and I got saspended becasue I stayed till 2:00 a.m. so I could help clean up after a dinner!
    No biggy I came back and now I am the cadet Vice President! Just come back and kill em with kindness! Be nice and show them that you are better than that!

Cool

All I can say is you go boy!! Where I'm at, we had a similar problem with our cheif abusing his power and playing favorites. I wish I would've stood up to him. I've gotten in plenty of trouble too(our fire co. is the only one in the area that doesn't let jrs run blue lights),but it seems to be a part of being a jr. firefighter. Just hang in there.
    Big Dawg

"Find 'em HOT, leave 'em WET!"

"VOLUNTEER FIREFIGHTERS are NEVER off duty!!!"

Angry Well,DUH!!

Originally posted by Richie#18
    they said the reason why they suspended me was for threating the chief. all i said was if he came up to me like he did last time i was going to have something done about it. because he threated me once before when he found out i was trying for his daughter.

thanks
    Honey, I don't care if you've wanted to be a firefighter since age four, but you've got problems. The cheif's job is to be a commander--not a nozzleman. If you've been "Trying for his daughter" you need a LONG vacation. In his Mind you're an absolute jerk who he won't let near his dog, much less his daughter. Get a life.
    Althea Forhan
    FDNY 343:"Forever your power and strength stays with me"

Man it's tough being suspended. But i dont got that problem my uncle is my chief and the two other chiefs are always doing something on fire scene to move it along as quickly and safe as you can get it. I would never say anything about an officer in front of another memeber u wanna dis on officers go and say it to the ppl who don't care other than that keep YOUR mouth SHUT. Everything has a chance of coming back and catching ya blind sided when ur not looking. just some fair advice from one cadet to another.
    Thomas J.
    Protection Eng Co Explorer Post #6

Stay Safe and Never Forget Your Fallen Brothers and Sisters.

Thread Information