Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry got suspended need help

I need help because I was suspended from my fire company for 30 days and everyone said I should quit but what they dont understand is that I always wanted to be a firefighter since i was 4 years old. and I'm really in need of some help what i should do. What I did was tell the one female firefighter that we have that I think that the fire chief is a a**hole because at fire sicne he sits in his pickup truck and does nothing and he treats all of us like a nobody. I've been at this fire company for 3 years

Thanks if you can help..
    Richie Sobilo

Tough it out...it is only 30 days...

MembersZone Subscriber Engine58's Avatar

i'd say tough it out....it will go by fast and next time watch who you say stuff in front of... Its happened to me before but i've never gotten suspended for it but my situation was a little different.. but anyway like i said just becareful who you say stuff around... and tough it out.. I've been suspended once or twice and it went by real fast... I wanted to quit to when i first got suspended.. but then i realized I was wrong and I screwed up... just think of it this way..its a nice vacation..
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

Forum Member

Exclamation

As the others have said, just tough it out, not too long a wait. Just always remember what youre saying when you say that, its happened to me before in a different situation, but I didnt get suspended, just talked to. But dont quit, its the absolute worst thing you can do! Tough it out and stay in the great service we do.

Stay Safe

BPH

MembersZone Subscriber Halligan84's Avatar

Default Up to you

If you think you can learn to keep your mouth shut instead of popping off about the Chief, then take your punishment like a man. However, if your going to make a habit of complaining about everyone over top of you and worrying about what they do or don't do at a fire, Id say to quit, there is enough people like that now.

Forum Member

Are you a junior explorer? If you're going to whine about getting
    suspended for opening your mouth about the Chief, quit, join the military for a few years, get some respect for authority, and a little experience in being diplomatic. Then come back, work your way to a regular position, develop your own management style, and maybe someday you'll be in his shoes.
    Chief Frank Rizzio
    Pea Ridge Fire Dept.
    Pea Ridge AR. 72751

Forum Member

Default Take It Easy

Well. Calm down people who don't make a little comment of your superior officers sometimes? I do sometimes you have to. If I were you I would just suck it up and take the vacation. Heck I would kinda like a break from the department politics occasionally. Just take a break, take it easy, have fun. PLay video games or something. Atleast this will maybe have you reconsider who you complain to. I know I would re-think it! Just have fun and enjoy the days off it will go quick. Just turn off your scanners/pagers/plectrons whatever you have and live life to the fullest since you can't go you might as well not know whats going on then you will sit there and stare out the window or go there and watch from a distance. Enjoy it.
    Firefighter/EMT Mitch Cowen
    Hose Co. 1 1st Lieutenant
    Randolph Fire Co. Inc

Just sit back and wait for the 30 days to be over...the best advice i can give you is to just watch what you say. Don't forget this guy didn't become chief first day on the job he must have earned it. Someday, his reign as chief may be over and he will be a FF again, and he may end up pulling your unconcious *** out of a fire. What would you say about him then? Would it still be the same? Everyone has a different way of doing things, if he can keep his firefighters at the fire ground safest by sitting in his truck and watching I would just let him do it.
    "A greater love hath no man than this...."

Thumbs up

thanks a lot guys if you have any more to say please say what you think. also im a EMT and we responed with the fire company that i got suspended from and do you guys think i should respond to those calls where the fire company will be there for.

thanks a lot
    Richie Sobilo

richy ...callin the officers asses has been around a long time ...i have been called named and i have been a officer for about 18 of the 24 years i've been doin this the reaction of your dept was too stiff in my opinion everyone needs to vent but this incident has taught you who you can trust....so grab a girl and take the month off and if you run bls and the fire company doesnt control it ...i dont believe there should be a problem but if i were you i would be chasing the girls and takin my time off

Forum Member

I would agree w/ everyone else and take the 30 days and move on w/ life. But tell us, "What was the rule that you violated to get the suspension?" If that happened here they would have to group judicial hearings.

Two good points were mentioned here: 1. Tough it out, its only 30 days and it will be over before you know it, take a vaca, play games chill and take your girl out. 2. Watch who you complain to. This is an important one. There will always be someone who is in on the cheifs "suck up" side and will tell the chief almost all that is said. Also, SHUT YOUR MOUTH

Smile

they said the reason why they suspended me was for threating the chief. all i said was if he came up to me like he did last time i was going to have something done about it. because he threated me once before when he found out i was trying for his daughter.

thanks
    Richie Sobilo

Forum Member

Is it something about chiefs and their daughters beng hot?
    Firefighter/EMT Mitch Cowen
    Hose Co. 1 1st Lieutenant
    Randolph Fire Co. Inc

Sounds like, if what you are saying, you chief should get the suspension. If he's using his authority to take out personal revenge.
    Don't get any ideas, yourll only make it worse. I've was suspended from my ambulance corps for 2 weeks. I didnt mind, it was a vacation. the only people that were punished were the residents, cause i ride durring the daytime and we have enough trouble getting a crew. needless to say the rig didnt make it out too often those 2 weeks...
    Chris Kerrigan
    ILiveInACage@aol.com
    FireFighter/EMT/HazMat Tech

New Milford Vol. Fire Dept Company #2
    New Milford,NJ

Tough it out, brotha. The chief does sound like an *******. Our chief can be an ***, but he's a good chief. He does his job well, and doesn't make threats(like you said).

I've never been suspended, but I've called the chief an *** many of times. I've also dated his twin daughters(at seperate times, of course )

Just tough it out. Like someone said, turn your pager off. Don't be bothered with the FD until you can go back.
    "When you're in the burning factory, and those barrels go up, we'll see who the REAL men are"

MembersZone Subscriber

Take a break. Ride the ambulance if you want to.

Keep in mind, the Chief is the ultimate boss--even if he is a jerk.

I read a post about the qualities of a good probie where someone posted "Big ears, small mouth." That's good advice for someone's whole career, not just the first year.
    Bryan Beall
    Silver City, Oklahoma USA

I feel like there may be some details missing.

Keep your eyes and ears opened and your mouth closed. Beleive me, I found out the hard way too.

Talking Well..

I would of called him an ******* to his face, however, our C1 will accept it, because without him always bitching about something, means he is sick.
    John Williams
    NRFF1
    City of Clairton
    Fire / EMS

Forum Member

I have been reading this thread and the real story has come out. I have a couple of questions for you Richie #18.

1. Are you a Jr. Firefighter (undreage 18)? If so, suck up the 30, reflect on your mistakes and concentrate and school.

2. Are you a Jr. Firefighter that is on a probationary period before becoming a senoir or regular member? If that is the case the just suck up the 30 and reflect on your mistakes and enjoy life.

If you BLS is separate from the fire co. and you want to run bus calls that is totally up to you. I have been suspended for 30 and it was really awkward coming back after the time off but I looked at it like this the time off only made me smarter and stronger. I have personality conflicts with members in my dept. and outside of the dept. I don't even bother with them but when the time and call comes in I put all differences aside and work with them because you never know when you might need their help.
    "The saw won't start, heh, grab the axe and start chopping"

Thread Information