Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default HELLO

Hi goldennugget42
    I go the the community college in Brunswick, Ga. The medics i have been riding with are already tring to talk me into taking my medic. But I am not even out of EMT school. I want to work as an EMT for at least a year or so before I take that. I understand about getting tired of school. but I keep telling myself this is not only for me it is also for my kids. Plus I love what I do. I love the fire service and all that goes with it. That keeps me going to classes and studing harder. We are on spring break this week, it feels funny not being in class. I guess the break is good, except I am facing an exam when we go back next week.LOL.I wish you luck in your studies.
    CHRISTINA

Smile Hello

Hello all!
    Im an EMT-B in the northern central part of Indiana. I've been an EMT for 6 years now. I run with a small volunteer based service. I'm also a wife to a wonderful man who is also a Firefighter/EMT.

Hello I'm An EMT-B/D going on 5 years, thinking of upgrading to paramedic. love the rush! Take Care!

Smile just saying hi!

I was an EMT for 22 years. Hated to give it up but squad was victim of politics. I would like to keep in touch with others. Sometimes I really miss it.

FF/NREMT-B, which my dept. requires to be a member of our Rescue Squad.
    MGB&KY&Y-FDNY 9/11/01

Forum Member

Hey Cheryl-good luck in paramedic school. I don't know how long you've been a part of the FACT team, but you guys and gals were indispensable in my time on the CFD. My old partner was even an ex-FACT teamer.

Smile EMT here

I have been an EMT-B dor almost 2 years and am also a firefighter on our Volunteer dept. I am planning on going on to AEMT this fall. I am also a first year nursing student going for my RN...
    Laura
    Firefighter/EMT

MembersZone Subscriber ramseycl's Avatar

Hello.
    I am a 20 year old female firefighter that just finished my EMT-B. I really enjoy the fires but we run on more medical calls and having my EMT allows me to do a lot more. I am going to get my I next fall and then hopefully my paramedic.
    Cassie

MembersZone Subscriber Halligan's Avatar

I am an EMT/FF from Philly, I curently work for Children's Hospital of Phila. and a volly firefighter outside the city
    "Never mistake knowledge for intelligence; it is like mistaking a cup of milk for an entire cow."-Thomas Jefferson

I.A.C.O.J. Member and F.A.R.T.'s local 4 founding member

Mama said she only raised one fool.....Hey wait a minute I'm an ONLY CHILD???

Im a FF/Paramedic in Ky with about 10 years in. To all thinking about going to Paramedic class GREAT. We need more every day. Good luck. You Know what I like so much, its that there are still so many younger people 18-21 still interested in EMS, not in a suit and tie desk job.

Greeting from Ireland,

Im a vol in Ireland with 8yrs experience, currently doing NREMT and NREMT-I this Summer in TX before heading home to finish off my BA degree. Heading back over once Im done to do EMT-P.

Ive no FF experience, but im hoping to change all that with a bit of luck.
    Jamie Flynn, EMT
    Ireland.

under the covers...ignoring the alarm clock!

Hi Everybody,
    I am an EMT-B...have been for only about 3 months. Going to firefighter school this fall, and planning to go to medic school in a few years...WOOOOHOOOO, I can't wait... The whole world of EMS/fire is so new to me and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!
    (I'm not excited or anything)
    LOL
    Jen, EMT-B
    "I got lost in thought...it was unfamiliar territory."
    "I love mankind--it's people I can't stand" --Linus

Thread Information