Thread: Wellness Grants

Default Wellness Grants

Hello, I'm a member of the Orlando Fire Department Wellness Committee. I'm interested in any information about federal grants that can be used for wellness (coodinators, facities, equipment, training, etc.) Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Chris DeMaagd OFD T2/C.
    cdemaagd@cfl.rr.com

Angry

Why not contact your counterpart in Buffalo,NY.They were awarded $221,427 in the last round.I can't begin to imagine what a small POOR department like us would do with that much money for vehicles(more than 1).E-ONE sure would be glad to help us spend that kind of dollars on something needed and would be used.I have talked to some paid firemen who said they never used the fitness equipment they had.Yes you guessed it,I'm disappointed,bitter what ever you want to call it but we are not going to give up so we are trying again this year.Happy for those who got money. I'm sure you read the post over on the other forum on this issue.They may give you some place to ask, dragonflynet.com has good examples of winning grants.Why apply to DISNEY World for a grant?I attended a free class and they was telling us we need too look at business's for grants.

Thread Information