View Poll Results: Would an all-Ohio training academy work in Ohio?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 10.00%
  • No

1 10.00%
  • Possibly

3 30.00%
  • Hell yeah it would! It'd be fun to!

5 50.00%
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Ohio State Fire Explorers Training Academy

I'm looking for Fire Explorer posts in Ohio that would be interested in attending an all-Ohio Fire Explorer Academy. I'm borrowing an idea from New Hampshire, an idea that appears to work for them, so it might work here. Give me a holler at engine1321@yahoo.com. Thanks!

IACOJ Agitator

Just for explorers?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Possibly

Well, it is difficult for us to get in touch with the junior fire fighting organizations in this state. It is a lot easier logistically for us to send a blanket flyer to all the Boy Scout Councils about it, have them copy it, and send out to their posts. It seems more reliable than wasting more paper and sending it to all the departments we can find, even if they have a group or not. so it's nothing against junior fire fighters, they're just harder to find.

R.J.

Forum Member

Try talking to the state fire academy about hosting an explorer weekend. This happens 2 weekends in the summer at the New York State Academy of Fire Science (NYSAFS). If your advisor contacts all the council offices in the state they can give him/her alist of all FD posts and the name of the advisor w/ contact info.

Why make it just for juniors from Ohio? Perhaps you could make it free to explorers from Ohio but make it for juniors all across the country. I think not only would it work, but it would be a great experience and fun too.
    "A greater love hath no man than this...."

Question what about Indiana??

Could some post come from Indiana? I am with Fishers Fire Dept. Explorer post 91? e-mail me. thanks charles12345678@aol.com

Default Explorer Training Academy

I've been to the New Hampshire Fire Explorer Training Academy for the past two years and i'm going back for a third year in June. It has been great for me. The New Hampshire Academy offers state certified classes so explorers get cerificates and can take the firefighter 1 test once they complete all the classes. this generally takes for years. this is a great program and with the right people behind it could work anywhere. good luck!

Forum Member

bump
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

i'm a jr firefighter at mechanisburg ohio. where would you have the academt at,how much would we have to pay and i agree with what someone said about jrs from all over the country coming to it.

Thread Information