Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Fire Alarm Running Cards & Other Information

Hi!

Thought this might be a good place to post my plea for alarm assignment/running cards. I'm interested in obtaining cards from any town, any era. I've posted scans of several of them of the Youngstown Fire Message Board in the General Fire Call Box discussion.

Currently there are posts showing cards from: Chicago; Cincinnati; Detroit; Newark; New York; Trenton; and Youngstown. There are also photo posts of the Alarm Equipment in: Cincinnati; Duluth; Pittsburgh; Poughkeepsie; Washington; and York. I have more cards and photos to post, but if you have a card or picture or two from your neck of the woods, why not pay a visit and leave a message and picture!

All known departments using Gamewell systems (as of 1941)in the U.S. & Canada are listed by state or province. Would you take a look at your state and post a message regarding the status of the alarm systems in your area?

If you would like to visit, go to the Youngstown Fire Message Board.

Box 2565 at Ryland & Oakdale in Cincinnati was located in front of our home in the 1960's. The CFD running card is shown below. There are also pictures of the box while in service on the YFD site.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Arrow Running Cards

There are many new topics on the TFD message board. There are severl new running card posts including Baltimore, Oakland, and Portland. Stop in and take a look!

Thread Information