Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cisd

Question Cisd

I have a CISD meeting tomorrow that i agreed to go to. (stupidly)
    I've never been to one..I'm kinda leary of going. What happens? or at least, what's supposed to happen. I know nothing other then you go and talk....

Exclamation

STUPID? No way!!! Obviously, I have no idea what the incident was that is resulting in a debrief, but any time you have the opportunity to use CISD you should take advantage of it.

CISD is an opportunity for those involved in the incident to vent and sort out some of the emotions that come with the job. Yeah, you go and talk - it isn't a bunch of psycho-babble, though. In fact, many departments have peer-led CISD.

Resucers see a lot of stuff that can be emotionally draining. It is difficult because often there is not time to "feel" while you are doing your job. Much of this is simply because you are so focused on saving a life that you don't have time to stop and process it all. CISD gives you that chance. Not doing so can burn you out.

I pray that all goes well in your meeting.
    the Rev
    www.cafepress.com/firerev

They postponed it until tomorrow for some reason..Maybe someone couldn't make it. Anyway, It was a house fire where two young kids died. One was DOS..The other should have been but we didn't want to give up. We tried our best, knowing that there was no way he could live..but we still took him in to the hospital.

I guess it's good that I go. I'm just not one to talk about my feelings much. Makes me feel funny. I guess I can just go and listen though and say a few words here or there if i want to.

Thread Information