Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By tree68
  • 2 Post By nameless
  • 1 Post By Here and there
  • 1 Post By johnsb

Thread: Copiers

  1. #1
    MembersZone Subscriber Firefighter430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Virgilina, VA USA
    Posts
    323

    Default Copiers

    What type of copier does your department have in the office? Anyone using a Copy Star?
    "Illegitimis non carborundum."

    - Gen. Joseph Stilwell
    (Lat., "Don't let the *~#%&S grind you down.")


  2. #2
    IACOJ Agitator Adze39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    In a van down by the CT River!
    Posts
    2,771

    Default

    What type? Does "crappy" count?

  3. #3
    Forum Member FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,354

    Default

    Bumping the oldest thread I could find that fh.com has not locked down.....

    .....Just because I CAN.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  4. #4
    Forum Member snowball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Just North of South Central
    Posts
    2,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Bumping the oldest thread I could find that fh.com has not locked down.....

    .....Just because I CAN.
    Hahahahahaaaa!!! F-yeah!!
    IAFF

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    727

    Default

    Copiers? What's a copier. We have this blue paper that you put in between the pages when you type on the typewriter.

    PS. My first couple of years as an officer we actually did still use carbon paper and typewriters.

  6. #6
    Forum Member snowball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Just North of South Central
    Posts
    2,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captnjak View Post
    Copiers? What's a copier. We have this blue paper that you put in between the pages when you type on the typewriter.

    PS. My first couple of years as an officer we actually did still use carbon paper and typewriters.
    Same here. We had a file in a cabinet dedicated to carbon paper. It was originally a manila folder that was stained blue inside and all over the edges where generations of guys touched it.
    IAFF

  7. #7
    MembersZone Subscriber tree68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Jefferson County, NY USA
    Posts
    2,269

    Default

    Indeed. You have not known joy until you've had to erase a mistake on the original, plus the three or four onionskin sheets underneath it, then hope the roller clicks back in to the same spot you started in so your typing is still nicely aligned...

    I still keep some carbon paper around, even though I don't have a typewriter as such. Comes in handy for transfering stuff from paper to, say, a sheet of plywood...
    RangerJake72 likes this.
    Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

    Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

  8. #8
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    Same here. We had a file in a cabinet dedicated to carbon paper. It was originally a manila folder that was stained blue inside and all over the edges where generations of guys touched it.
    sounds like some of our secretaries.
    BoxAlarm187 and FWDbuff like this.

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Bumping the oldest thread I could find that fh.com has not locked down.....

    .....Just because I CAN.
    Well in that case, we use a Ditto Machine....

  10. #10
    Forum Member conrad427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Just south of Canada
    Posts
    536

    Default

    Wow! The technological changes you guys must have seen!
    What was it like when everyone got rid of steam engines, was the CHEMOX breathing apparatus any good? Was it hard to switch from wooden dentures?
    I have so many questions!
    The fire service is about service to our fellow man.
    There is a trust that must not be broken and we are the keepers of that trust.
    Captain Dave LeBlanc

  11. #11
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnsb View Post
    Well in that case, we use a Ditto Machine....
    Mmmmm, I love the smell of fresh ditto paper in the morning.
    BoxAlarm187 likes this.

  12. #12
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Here and there View Post
    Mmmmm, I love the smell of fresh ditto paper in the morning.
    That's probably why I didn't have very good grades in elementary school....
    FWDbuff likes this.

  13. #13
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by conrad427 View Post
    Wow! The technological changes you guys must have seen!
    What was it like when everyone got rid of steam engines, was the CHEMOX breathing apparatus any good? Was it hard to switch from wooden dentures?
    I have so many questions!
    As you should!

  14. #14
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Here and there View Post
    Mmmmm, I love the smell of fresh ditto paper in the morning.
    we use a polygraph


  15. #15
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    we use a polygraph

    looks like making a "butt Xerox" on that would hurt.
    ?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts