Thread: Huh?!?

MembersZone Subscriber
    Maryland (but always a Long Islander first)

Angry Huh?!?

What a crock.

Check out the link about the Bellmore Vollie who copped a plea and is getting 1 - 3 instead of 31 years for torching his own fire house!

http://www.news12.com/CDA/Articles/View/0,2049,5-5-33033-20,00.html

Thumbs down Giving (fellow) Nassau County Volly's a bad name!!!!!

The link's bad, but i believe it.

The first time I rushed to my firehouse, hoping to be mutual aided. Didn't happen.

The second time he lit it, we were one of the first M/A units there. Had I known who he was and what he did, I might have been arrested.

What about the ********* from Levittown who got in a fight with his girlfriend (because he "allegedly" had a couple of beers at the f/h). This schumck lit his own fukin house on fire, and waited for her to scream, before 'heroicly' rescuing the two kids who were in the house. Putting his or her kids lives in jepordy, along with his brother firefighters, and destroying his own house . . .for what??????????

Another scumbag who claims he 'helped his community' by volunteering. Kinda makes you rethink what kind of people there are that volunteer . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    May God bless all the people and families who have lost
    their lives on 9-11-01, to those also lost on Flight 587, and to the rescuers who responded to both.

"I'm not saying it's right, i'm just saying (the way it is)."

FDNY-EMS - Still New York's Best!

e-mail always accepted @
    toneloc177@firehousemail.com

Forum Member

That is not cool what he did, I mean if the house was empty and it was his house, by all means torch it, all he is hurting is himself, and heck its more training time for other ff's
    but as kids and others were around NOT COOL!

I think someone should start a national aronist registry just like they do for child molesters, this way they wont have a chance of getting on another fire department. I know it wont against most but at least we wont have them on our staff if they have done it before.

We can call it the wall of shame

I just dont get how people can do that. burn down thier own firehouse what the hell is the point in that?

we should hang them from a ladder truck!!!!

I don't know if it stands for the nation, but in New York State, if you are convicted of ANY arson crime, you are prohibited from joining a volunteer fire dept. SO, steps have already been taken.

Originally posted by smketer
    That is not cool what he did, I mean if the house was empty and it was his house, by all means torch it, all he is hurting is himself, and heck its more training time for other ff's

Tell me you are joking!?

I can't believe I just read that. More training? I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and guess that you were jesting and will come on and say so.

Forum Member

Originally posted by smketer
    Hmmm ... I hope this would come out in a pre-employment psychological evaluation.

Stay Safe

MembersZone Subscriber

OK boys and girls, pay attention.

When we are looking at the reasons for FF arson...let's look at attitudes like smkeater. That is why we have FF arson.

Someone mentioned about the national arson registry. It is intersting that you say that. The ATF is in the process of starting the National Arson Repository, where info like this would be kept. I am not sure of the present status of it, but it is coming along.

Talking

Georgie-CFI,

You are correct though when I inquired things have been slowed a bit. It will be a huge plus for LE and the fire service.

MembersZone Subscriber

Could someone give me the right link? The original one that was posted is not working for me... Thanks!!!
    Dan - FMBA Local 64 Pennsauken Township.(The views and opinions stated above are personal and not that of any organizations I belong to)Yada, Yada, Yada...(Y-a-a-w-w-n!)

MembersZone Subscriber
    Maryland (but always a Long Islander first)

Someone mentioned the registry in NY -- this guy was already a volunteer in NY when he set his FIRE house on fire! I don't recall reading anything about him having a prior arson record, so the registry would not have worked for him. It will now for the future since he'll be out of jail at 1 - 3 years...

The part that is aggravating is that he's getting off way too easy. He could've served 31 years! He could've killed or injured his own fellow firefighters!

Here's the article, it's under www.news12.com Archives.
    Bellmore firefighter cuts deal
    (02/05/02) BELLMORE - Clifford Seaman, a 19-year-old former Bellmore volunteer firefighter, cut a plea deal for two counts of arson and one count of resisting arrest on Tuesday. Seaman had been accused of burning down his company’s fire house.

If convicted, he could have been sentenced for up to 31 years in prison. However, the judge guaranteed Seaman the minimum of one to three years in jail as part of the plea. Seaman will plead guilty.

Sentencing is scheduled for April.

Forum Member

Hey Guys, and girls.

yes I did post a message right after I did the first one saying I was joking around, I am not sure why it did not post. And before I could not read the story so I really could not say anything. So I said that as being a smart *****.

And I read the story wrong the first time, I thought he burned down his own house, lol..working a double can get to ya.

No I dont belive in people burning things down.

Sentencing is scheduled for April, well it might be a good idea for people to show up or even make sure the judge does give the guy the max. Maybe the judge overlooked something and that is why he is going soft on the guy.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks Diane for the link!

This guy is really mest up in the head, and all he recieved was 1-3yrs... amazing! This brings up some serious questions!
    Dan - FMBA Local 64 Pennsauken Township.(The views and opinions stated above are personal and not that of any organizations I belong to)Yada, Yada, Yada...(Y-a-a-w-w-n!)

Thread Information