Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trading Forum??

Lightbulb Trading Forum??

Well I posted this idea a few months ago and never got a reply from the webteam so I guess I'll try it again. Is there any chance of adding a "Trading Forum" where members can trade,sell, or buy different items. You know things like extra light bars, apparatus from fire buffs, turnouts. Since the new forum program is up and running is there a chance to get a forum built for this purpose. I just hope I can get a reply from the webteam this time.

code_blue81
    Jeremy Culver
    IACOJ Bureau of EMS

These views are my own and do not represent the views or opinions of anyambulance service that I am affiliated with.

Help our fellow firefighters.
    www.helpingourown.com
    "Firefighters Helping Firefighters"

Default Hey webteam, a reply here please!!

Now I'm not sure if I'm just not good enough for a reply from the webteam for my question or if they just don't care to read my thread. I'm just curious is this idea is possible. Just give me a yes or no.

code_blue81
    Jeremy Culver
    IACOJ Bureau of EMS

These views are my own and do not represent the views or opinions of anyambulance service that I am affiliated with.

www.helpingourown.com

Unhappy

Great idea Code_Blue. I don't understand that you are not getting a reply from the web team??????

Default I just don't get it

I don't know. The last time that I posted this idea a few other members said that it was a good idea. Alot of us have old warning lights, med. equipment, turnouts, etc that someone could put to use. The webteam has replied to posts all around this one but just haven't graced me with one. I'd just like to know why i'm getting snuffed.

code_blue81
    Jeremy Culver
    IACOJ Bureau of EMS

www.helpingourown.com

MembersZone Subscriber

code_blue why don't you start a new thread saying hey webteam and then maybe you would get a reply.

Administrator

No need to attack us for not replying. We've been training new staff the last two weeks.

We used to have a trading forum/marketplace type forum when the site first launched, but we received complaints about people not getting what they were supposed to, and other problems, so it was discontinued.

We would not start a forum for buying or selling. We do have auctions and classifieds for both. We have never allow selling products of any kind in the Forums and that likely won't change.

As for trading, again we'd probably have the same issues as when it was originally here. Maybe some time after we launch the new registration system and can better validate users and their information, so we can deal with any issues should they arise, but not at this time.

Sorry folks
    WebTeam

Default Thank you for the reply

Thank you for replying. I was just getting abit angry at being blown off while you replied to other posts. I was just hoping to get an answer to my question. And for your decision not to have another forum as a marketplace I respect it. And I also see the reasons behind not creating another.

code_blue81
    Jeremy Culver
    IACOJ Bureau of EMS

www.helpingourown.com

Forum Member

Web Team,

I was thinking this exact thing this week. With all the work people are going through to raise money or write grants to get equipment they desperately need I was wondering what if? I mean I'm in Vermont and have equipment we out grew or purchased incorrectly that is perfectly good how can we get others in the Northeast this Information. I'm not sure where the RIGHT place to advertise a section like this on you Web Site but could you give it some thought. I was thinking at a Department Level or entire municipality level. For example we have an Engine we'd like to see go somewhere that needs it. And we have a skid tank/booster reel/& pump that's just like new that I'm sure someone needs. We're going to be getting ride of 15 Scott 2A that no one in Fire Equipment Sales wants but maybe a department with 4 packs that are of the same era would like 2 or 4 more. We may also have a tanker later this year that has 50% of it's Fire Service Life left.

I'm just trying to say that I think that the Fire Service throws away alot of good stuff that they out grow or purchase wrong and there are fire dept. that could use this stuff very nicely.

If you think about it; it makes sense. This Web site has become invaluable to me and has taught me so much. The information that has become available through Firehouse.com is enormous. This would be just one more feather in your cab. Just give it some thought; build it, give it a great name (OUT GROWN IT! or TO BIG OR TOO SMALL!) and then hype it (for us).

Remember keep it at a department level and throw in a disclaimer that gets Firehouse.com out of the loop. I know this thing is possible with some thought. It will help your Patrons more than you know. Make it something that can be previewed daily (Point & Click)

Thanks for listening (a return receipt would be great).
    GB

Thread Information