Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Difficulty Logging in

I have had extreme difficulty logging in. I have cookies on, off, cleaned cache, changed security settings, changed settings in my zonelabs fire walls, deleted temp internet files. Every thing I could think of. The only thing that seems to work now is when I go to forgot password frame get password emailed to me and then request a new password. I then can log on with the new password.
    What all ways happens is I will log on the system says thanks for logging on and then read some posts. On the bottom of the post page it says you may not ... do any thing that a logged on person can do. I will try to post message and it says I am not logged on, log on and then try to post and again it will say I am not logged on. The only way I can log on is with a new password every time.
    Some days yer the fire hydrant and some days yer the dog.

Administrator

We'll look into this. We've emailed the software company to ask for assistance.

Thanks
    WebTeam

Administrator

Just to clarify..what does the url show at the top of the page when this happens? www.firehouse.com or server.firehouse.com?

Thanks again

Originally posted by webteam
    Just to clarify..what does the url show at the top of the page when this happens? www.firehouse.com or server.firehouse.com?

Thanks again
    http://www.firehouse.com/

still the only way for me to be able to post anything is to get a new password.
    Some days yer the fire hydrant and some days yer the dog.

Default log in

I am in the same boat as you!

I have problems logging in at work. There are a couple of us that usually log in sometime throughout the shift, and when someone else is logged in, I cannot log them off so I can log in. THe only thing that happens is that it says the cookies have been cleared, or something like that.....

Administrator

Folks

We're still working on a few sporiadic problems. We've contacted the software manufacturer and hopefully should have a final resolution soon.

Thanks
    WebTeam

Forum Member

I've had lots of problems, too. I'm just posting this to see if a bunch of IE setting changes I made helped me out at all.

Administrator

Here are some answers:

First about the logging off issue: This comes from the nature of cookies. Cookies can only be modified if their domain/path attributes match what they were set with. However, it's still possible that IE will send a cookie lingering from the old path/domain. In this case, the easiest thing is to simply delete your cookies manually. (Probably in C:\Windows\Cookies)

Regarding logging on issues: Deleting cookies would be a good idea here too in case the browser decides to continually send a "bad" cookie that it can't unset.

Also, via the user control panel, you could change the "Browse boards with cookies" setting to *no* Also, if it's not set to yes, you may want to try changing "Remember Username and password" to yes.

Any one let us know if these work.

Thanks
    WebTeam

Thread Information