Default Terrorist attacks

I posted this on another forum, do you think that in the near future we will have another attack and are we ready. What is you dept doing to respond, and are they contacting the state and federal authorities for help. Is your dept at least talking and hopefully training for this type of incident.

I am part of WMD CST response Team, and we are out visiting all the Fire Dept in our state. They seem to have a pretty good grip on responding, but lack the equipment, and training that members of my team have. All I know is if somthing happens I do not think anyone dept will be able to handle it.

Forum Member

Cool

Well I hate to say it, but I do think that there will be another attack. Where and how, who knows, are we ready I dont know. We are in central missouri, near ft wood ( us army )and if somthing happens in St Louis we are to move up to the area to assist. Are we better off today they we were on 9 11, we do have some tydex suits now, ( had a lot of anthrax calls, like everyone esle )we have a better idea of what anthrax is and how to handle the call. But thats about it, no real new trainging on the attacks and no new gear to help. I hope like hell that there is never another attack but untill the governments ( fed, state, and local ) spend the money, we will not be prepaired to handle an attack any better then 9 11

Be safe

Joe

Yes,I Think There Will Be Another Attack.In Vegas,We Have A Air Force Base Next To The City Of North Las Vegas,Which Is Right Next To Vegas.So They Could Be In The Air In 5 Minutes.Which While We Are A High Target,We Also Can Be One Of The Safest Places To Be.
    Shane
    Do not fear to step into the unknown...for where there is risk, there is also reward.

Default Rascal

I was just in Las Vegas at Nellis AFB attending a Level II Anti-Terrorism/ Force Protection course. Very informative course. I'm going back to Anniston AL soon for the WMD/HAZ-MAT Tech (COBRA) course at the Center of Domestic Preparedness facility.

Cool.Say I'm Always Seeing Nellis Air Force Base Fire Dept. Patches On Ebay.My Question Is,Do They Use Patches And If So,What Do They Look Like?Is It Like This?I've Never Gotten One Because I Don't Know If They Use Them.I'd Love To Add One To My Collection If They Do Use Them,But I Havn't Seen One On There For Over A Month Now.

Shane
    Do not fear to step into the unknown...for where there is risk, there is also reward.

Forum Member

Thumbs down Terrorist attacks!

I hope that there are NO more terrorist attacks within the United States. Many innocent people lost their lives on Sept 11,2001, from selfish people, who were not willing to stand for human life. I believe that should leave all humans alone, that are innocent, and maybe do something else.
    Last edited by mtwaites; 09-20-2002 at 02:18 PM.
    Firefighters are beneficial to every community with the wealth of information they have!

They don't get enough praise, for the information and skills they know! It could save your life one day!!!!!

Thread Information