Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question What have u got?

Alright heres one for both the leatherheads and the tupperware FFs. What do u have on your helmet from the "wack pack" to tetrahedrons? I was wondering what other people have on their lids.

mine is a black cairns N5A w/slime (green) tetrahedrons. I have bourkes and wear my chinstrap over the back of the brim. i also have for stickers/artwork a Leather Forever,W6, skull w/crossed irons, shamrock irish flag, and a 9-11 memorial (the one on theirestore.com shaped like a FDNY patch w/the towers).each of these is on a seperate section,where the cross members come down, of the helmet w/one still empty.

How about you?
    Member IACOJ & IACOJ EMS Bureau
    New England FOOL
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    As always these are strictly my own opinions and views

Forum Member

Thumbs up

I have a yellow Conway leather with bourkes in front and goggles in the rear. I have a shamrock sticker, and an American and an Irish flag stuck on the back. Where did you find the Irish FF pic?
    Craig Walker

Union Strong...Union Proud

An Irishman is the only person in the world who would walk over 12 naked women to get to a bottle of Stout.

Forum Member

Cairns N6A with faceshield, American flag sticker, Glo-Flex tetrahedrons, door chock. Went kind of lightweight on the stickers on this one. I am considering the "Skull and tools" sticker, though.

Default Leather!

N5A Yellow, Glowflex tetrahedrons, Star of life on either side of the shield,an American Flag sticker on the back, bourkes, ESS goggles on order, two small door chocks, and a UK mini Q4 helmet light.

Just got the leather and love it! Much better than the tupperware I was issued.
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

MembersZone Subscriber Medic162's Avatar

Thumbs up

N5A black Leather w/Bourkes... alphanumeric reflective stickers on the 2 rear combs "R 1" for rescue co.1 Gloflex tetrahedrons (which I hate)but they are stock on my new N5A, a rubber helmet band for a garrity light which I only occasionally use if ever. And a very small pin which is a firefighter "Angel Bear" which my daughter gave me-on the rubber band. I plan to add a FDNY memorial sticker when I find the one I most like - there are just so many available now that I can't decide...Oh, also two "Star of Life" cutout decals that fit on the two rearmost tetrahedrons.
    Brian Rowe
    Paramedic/Engineer
    Colleton County Fire/Rescue

Black Cairns N6A w/glo flex tetrahedrons and a white helmet shield for the standard stuff. For stickers: W6 memorial sticker, reflective IAFF helmet sticker, a reflective American Flag and a Taz in turnouts with a smooth bore nozzle!

The above helmet is still a "work in progress"!

The "backup" helmet (worn for hazmat incidents) is a Bullard traditional, white helmet shield, a W6 memorial sticker and a reflective American Flag.
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 02-11-2002 at 04:53 PM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber TailboardJockey's Avatar

Black Cairns N6A with gloflex tetrahedrons, Bourke eyeshields, ESS Innerzone 2 goggle clips on the sides (these are for the goggles that I put in my pocket, it looks ridiculous and I'm trying to decide whether I should ditch them or not), carved brass eagle front holder, yellow helmet front (my department has yellow for firefighters, black for engineers, and red for captains), innertube section to hold a Garrity flashlight and a door chock (I haven't replaced the door chock since I used/lost it), reflective American flag on the right-rear in place of the tetrahedron, and under the rear brim is another reflective American flag, my name sticker, and a reflective IAFF helmet sticker.

Like Gonzo said, the above helmet is a "work in progress".
    Living the dream...

Firediver to get the pic just click on mine and save it, then change ur avatar in the profile section.

Also since it was mentioned i do have a backup a yellow metro w/FF cresents,American flag on the R side, and an American maltese cross on the front. this is in my spare gear and rarely sees the light of day,but the dept has hazmat/wmd sop of no leathers so the tupperware,rubbers,and old Globe gear is ready and expendable.
    New England FOOL
    "LEATHER FOREVER"

Default Tupperware proud!

Sorry - I still need to look like a girl, and a leather helmet would give me traps the size of my thigh!!

I have a black Conway American Classic with glo-worm tetrahedrons. My shield has a silver metal FF scramble with my name, rank and department name. The helmet was smoke-gray, until I burned the rest of the clearcoat off it.

On the helmet I have a sticker of the blonde Power Puff girl, a "Proud American Firefighter" sticker, and a DARE sticker that a kid put on at a function we held with the Sheriff's department. Most of the stickers are in various stages of burn-off...except the Power Puff one (go figure).

Inside my helmet (slipped inside the rachett strapping), I have a picture of my mom and I, and a Cherokee indian medallion, in memory of my grandmother. Under the back lip is an "I Love Hooters" sticker someone put there at Monroe Fire School.
    Spec. Krista M. Aukeman, United States Army

Some day, in years to come, you will be wrestling with the great temptation, or trembling under the great sorrow of your life. But the real struggle is here, now, in these quiet weeks. Now it is being decided whether, in the day of your supreme sorrow or temptation, you shall miserably fail or gloriously conquer. Character cannot be made except by a steady, long continued process.
    - Phillips Brooks

Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

I have a Conway Traditional Composite Helmet black in color. It will have a white leathershield with "Firefighter" and my last name with my station number on it, when it comes in. Have a intertube strap with a door chock and a $4 Walmart flashlight with the swivel head. The helmet has a faceshield and I too keep the chinstrap around the back bill until I need it. I have glo-flex tetrahedrons from Galls on it with a Texas Dept of Health EMT sticker. I also keep my PBI hood inside the helmet.

My back up helmet is a modern style Bullards also black in color with a faceshield. It has glo-flex Training Officer cresents on the side with Firefighter/EMT glo-flex sticker on the front. This one has the EMT stickers on the side with a intertube strap with a garrity flashlight and another door chock. Also have my unit number and an American flag on top.

Wow, too bad I don't carry something when I really need it.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Talking

Black Cairns N5A w/ Bourkes, standard printed eagle front holder, a green reflexite shamrock, chin strap up over the rear, rubber band w/ a flag pin, my name hand painted on the underside, and my issue font, to be replaced by a Paul Conway front as soon as it comes in. This is also another "work in progress" helmet. It will have a Maltees Cross front holder, yellow reflexite tetrahedrons and the "crossed irons" decal which all should be in this week. I'll post a picture of it a little later on.

MFD
    Temporarily/No Longer Active

Default helmet

my helmet: Morning Pride Lite Force 2 red with shield, it has yellow/greenish reflective stickers all the way around(on crecents)
    on the front black lettering says MFD 816 their suppose to put Big Bird on my helmet sometime. (some guys put nicknames on their helmets around the county) Like we got a guy nicknamed Bubba and he had that on his helmet, another friend on my department he occassionally waterballs in all red gear they call him Elmo he has that on his helmet. at another department a guy about my age last name is Gilmore so they call him Happy (just as long as he doesn't beat me like bob barker I don't care)

The southern shore of beautiful Lake Michigan

Black N5A w/bourkes, Black PCS front w/red 4 insert

Lots of SOOT & a little cellulose insulation from the last job.

NO STICKERS

...And a nice contour on the brim!!!
    FTM-PTB
    trk4

Don't laugh, but I have tupperware. I am only EMS, so I just use it for extrication and don't really have the need for a cow. Mine is a blue Cairns 660C Metro. Came with the standard yellow/green reflective bars around it and ESS Structural goggles. I put a round EMT sticker on the front. Silver RESCUE rockers on the sides, and my identifier number under them in the same color as the factory reflective bars. On the right side of the brim in the back is a little FDNY patch sticker. Centered on the back is a reflective American flag in the shape of a star of life. Might put my duly earned nickname on the brim in the rear eventually...

Before you boys go giving my custom made avatar out, you should ask , I don't really mind, but at least make sure they're genuine Irish first

I finally got my new Bullard (red) and got to toss that old piece of crap Chiefton lid they made me wear for a spell. The only thing I have on my brain bucket is proudly a Canadian flag and my LT. patch on the front. Now I don't have to cry into my pillow at night any more

I'm sorry D Kelly just thought u found that through google or something. if u did make it i have to say its great and btw i am i pround irishman.
    New England FOOL
    "LEATHER FOREVER"

I got a black Ben II with the american flag tetrahedrons, a shamrock, a Clemson Tiger paw, matching red flaming skulls,and one slime green tetrahedron that was a left over. I got the bourkes with the ESS goggles, and have my Conway blue and yellow shield on order.

Default FINALLY........

My Dept is finally converting from the Bullard Firedomes (hate them) to traditional syle helmets. Although we cannot afford leather, and neither can I, it is a step in the right direction.

I have a Black Cairns 1010 with glo-flex tetrahedrons, the 6 part reflective American Flag (fits above the tetrahedrons - from thefirestore), a wack pack, bourke's flip downs and Cairns NFPA goggles.

We are so excited about the changeover. All departments should have traditional helmets, just like firetrucks should have Q's.
    Faith in God, Trust in Training.

www.firedepartment@townoftazew ell.org

I have a yellow Cairns n5a with bourkes, no stickers yet. my Backup is a Cairns 1010 with bourkes. It has a W6 sticker under the back brim, a set of crossed irons and a set of jaws on the back. Leather forever!!

Thread Information