Smile A friendly note on posting

Ok guys, lets try to keep these forums on topic, I realize some people are new to posting on message boards, but a little common sense goes a long way. There are enough subjects here that almost any question you might have has a relevant group. I have certain groups that I read, and certain groups that I don't, like I'm sure everyone else has. When I go into the Engineers group and have to read about a guy having problems with his girlfriend, I feel I must speak up. I'm not bashing anyone in any way, and there are those that will come back and say if I don't want to see it, don't read it.
    There is a place here for every post, keeping each subject on topic will result in a better forum for all.
    Just my $.02
    David Brooks,
    Captain, NRFR
    Newmarket Fire & Rescue
    Newmarket, New Hampshire
    http://www.NewmarketFire.com
    (All opinions are my own)

AMEN!
    Bob Compton
    IACOJ-Proud
    IACOJ-HALL OF FAME-2003

As a veteran of a number of other boards, I could not agree more.

If you do not want to change forums, use e-mail or private messaging

jim

Smile I have to agree

There is a place for everything and everything has a place. Dedicated forums need to be used to discuss the topics they are dedicated to. If anyone needs to talk about something outside the topic, find a friend and email them
    Crazy from the heat!!!

What is there like 22,000 people on here? I'm on several other boards, ones with much smaller numbers of people. You can afford to smalltalk with those folks, cuz there just ain't so many of 'em. But here, jeez, if you wanna BS, take it somewhere else. I work with enough people who only want to BS and not learn or train or improve.
    ...if you put the handline in the right spot, you won't have to jump out the window...
    -Andy "Nozzles", SQ18, 9-11-01

Cool

There's a link at the bottom of every message that says "Report this post to a moderator".
    If it's really out of line, make use of it!

Regards,

Mike

Speaking of topics, I wish people would stop posting new threads as "Question for ya" or any variation on that theme. I check out some of these because they may actually have something to offer, most times they don't. If you've got something you think may stimulate discussion or a legitimate question PLEASE be a little more specific with the subject title.

Thread Information