Question Sleeping at FH and Probation Period.

What are the guidelines for your probationary period and sleeping at the Firehouse.
    We have a 3 month proby period where we cant take calls. You have to be there 6 months and pass Firefighter I to sleep at FH.

While your on probation, you need to be out of the firehouse by 11 on weekdays, and 12 on weekends. If you want to sleep in, you need to have the permission of an officer, but none of them really care, it`s just a rule that`s in place. There are no restrictions on going to calls at night.

At my fire co., we can always run calls until midnight, 1:00 on non school nights, and anytime over the summer. During our Prob. period, the only rule is that we can't hold any office or vote on issues during co. meetings. We don't have any barracks or rooms, but if we want to sleep at the fire co., we just need to ask an officer or trustee.
    Big Dawg

"Find 'em HOT, leave 'em WET!"

"VOLUNTEER FIREFIGHTERS are NEVER off duty!!!"

My dept is on call, so we rarely sleep @ the station, unless its some large incident(the only times i've done it has been during heavy flooding,severe storms, and mutual aid coverage). As for explorers if its not a school night, the parents approve,and the oic oks it they can stay. But on average the rules of no calls after 11pm and no going out of town are used.
    Member IACOJ & IACOJ EMS Bureau
    New England FOOL
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    As always these are strictly my own opinions and views

Temporarily/No Longer Active
    Pittsville Volunteer Fire EMS Rescue Department, Inc. Pittsville MD "Pittsville Pride"

At the firehouse no one sleeps at the firehouse, unless we have a big storm or hirricane coming but besides, us being a volunteer department we have no people sleeping over. About the probation period we have a 6 month probation period, you really do anything, but if you det in trouble then you are GONE. And then when you become 18 and a member of the main department you go on another 6 month probation where about the only rule is you can't run on the first run peice and you can't go in.

Thread Information