Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TIC jpegs

Lightbulb TIC jpegs

Hello

does any body have jpegs of TIC heat signatures? Im looking to do a class for my people and i cant get any decent pics of what a thermal layer looks like, or what a bunkered up fire fighter looks like (Wet or dry)ect... through the camera. If anyone out there in cyberworld could maybe find it in your heart to spare a few pics, i'd really appreciate it. The pictures really need to be explained so that our firefighters understand what it is there seeing. Im dealing with the, " we have the technology, we dont have to train with it" mentality.

thanks
    jeff.[EMAIL=jemijolo@attbi.com]
    Last edited by Hendricks; 02-16-2002 at 01:43 AM.
    Feel the Heat

MembersZone Subscriber Halligan84's Avatar

http://thermalimager.bullard.com/tec...ures/index.cfm

Bullard provides some excellent training material. We also got a Powerpoint CD Rom training program from them.

Great, thanks alot ill try that
    Feel the Heat

Have you contacted the manufacturer that you purchased it from? The reason I ask is they usually have great info that you can use. I know of at least one rep that has a powerpoint presentation that goes through the TIC, different applications, etc.

IR

Why not make your own looking at places you're guys are used to seeing?

Get a good 35mm camera with a good short focus low F-stop lens, set your TIC on a tripod looking at different things, focus the 35mm on the screen of the TIC and take the pics.

The pictures will make more sense to your people if it's something they already recognize.
    It's only my opinion. I do not speak for any group or organization I belong to or associate with or people I know - especially my employer. If you like it, we can share it, you don't have to give me credit. If you don't, we are allowed to disagree too (but be ready to be challenged, you may be on to something I'm not). That's what makes America great!

Thread Information