Default Multiple agencies applying under one grant application.

What are the rule? regarding multiple agencies applying under one grant application. Situation, In our county we have 4-fire departments all volunteer and one ambulance service. This is all county wide. Our group has been talking about applying for PPE as a group rather than individually. This would better allow us to spread out our out of pocket cost. Some of the Depeartments have better resources than others and they are willing to help those deaprtments with less resources. If we have to go with 5-different grants I fear the departments that need the PPE will miss out altogether. Does anybody have an answer to theis question?

MembersZone Subscriber

I don't know the answer, but it's an interesting question. In fact, if we can find out that it's okay, I think our department would be better off applying with one or more of our neighboring departments.
    Bryan Beall
    Silver City, Oklahoma USA

MembersZone Subscriber

Check with FEMA and they may give some guidance. I know that associations are not eligible to apply, according to the rules.

Last year, there was a department in Texas that received thre used pumpers under vehicles. That according to a report off the internet but unsure what site. If this is the case, it is certainly not what I thought the rules said. It was my understanding that you could only apply for one vehicle.

Thumbs down

I attended one of the FEMA workshops in North Texas. They stated that you cannot apply for multiple agencies. A county commisioner was at the meeting I attended and wanted to do that for her whole rural county. FEMA states you must apply individually. Hope this helps.
    Randy
    Randy

Administrator

Here is an answer taken from FEMA's FAQ

<B>Can my fire department partner with other fire departments to submit requests in two or more different programs?</B>

Each fire department can apply for a grant in only one program area, and each application from a fire department will be evaluated independently.

Thread Information