Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Post Rescue Diver employment

I need information and do not know where to turn. I figured someone out there could point me in the right direction.

I recently turned 30 and have only a few months remaining in the military before I venture out into the real world. I have been diving for 4 years and have specialty training in search and recovery, black water and river diving. I want to put my military and diving experience to good use.

Who do I need to contact for employment? I have noticed that there are jobs both in law enforcement and ems. I currently reside in Georgia but plan to relocate to South Carolina. Any informaiton or guidance you may have would be appreciated.

The biggest obstacle you are going to encounter is that most of the full paid dive teams are a specialty division or company of the Fire Department, Sheriff, or local PD. An option would be to start with a paid on call department or Sheriff/PD reserve unit with a dive team. This will allow you to stay current and pursue employment with a career department. Besides, vollie department are always looking for good people. Hope this helps...Mark
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Thread Information