Default New Member...Please Say Hey to MD EMT!

Just wanted to post a thread to say Hey and introduce myself.

I am an EMT-B running out of Montgomery County, MD's busiest Vol/Career station, Sta 8!

We are a large corporation with over 100 volunteers with approx 45 of those Active/Operational Members! Last year (2001) we ran somewhere around 14,000 calls! And, that was a busy year for us!

We currently run 10 pieces of Apparatus:

Three Ambulances (A87, A88, & A289)
    One Advanced Life Support Unit (M89 - Medic)
    Three Wagons (E81, E82, & E281)
    One Aerial (T8)
    One Brush Truck (B85)
    And a Canteen (C8)

We are a busy busy station!! Check out our website:
    Gaithersburg Wash Grove VFD

Pop over and say hey!
    Lara Girdler
    EMT-Basic
    Gaithersburg Wash. Grove VFD
    "There's No 'I' In TEAM Just Remember That And We Won't Conflict In The Field!!"

Talking Hey!

I'm a firefighter/EMT/EMD from Columbus, Ohio. I've been with the department here for a little over 11 years. Just popped by to say "hey"!
    Crazy from the heat!!!

I'm a firefighter II/EMT-B from NE Ohio; been in the fire service for 3 years now. Have to say, I haven't heard anyone use the term "wagon" in a while; thought it was a lost bit of tradition. So, "hey".
    I can think of no more stirring symbol of man's humanity to man than a fire engine.

--Kurt Vonnegut

widbey island wa from cobb island maryland

Hey i wanted to say hi to a fellow maryland emt. Im out of Charles County CIVFD & EMS Company 6. We run 13 peices, 68, 69 our amb. B6 our brush truck B64 our brush engine, T6 our 2,000 gallon tanker, 61 rescue pumper, 62 attack pumper, MSU6 (Marine Support Unit), Boat 6A (29 foot cat haul jet drive boat) Boat 6B (16 foot open bow), Ems Car 6 (station car), Fire Car 6 (station car), Cheifs buggy. im currently, thanks to the navy, stationed in whidby island washington state. were im a member of Distric 2 Fire department. and im relitivly new here so im still learning the diffrent stations, there is 4 of them that is in this distrct. im also a national emt. but i am just droping a line to say hi and also to ask maybe you could send me some info on mongomery county fire. i am getting close to getting out of the navy and i am looking to do this full time paid. good luck

me

Default Hi

Hello I am new in here. My name is Christina. I am in college right now to be an EMT-I. I am a diver for our Sheriffs Dept Search and Rescue Team. I hope to meet some new people in here.
    CHRISTINA

Smile You've come to the right place

Hi Chrsitina. Just wanted to say "hey" and let you know that this is a great place to meet some great people. I love the feedback i get from the people here and enjoy hearing from them, too. Whether we're here talkin' shop, or when they email me to talk about whatever. I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do.
    Crazy from the heat!!!

Thread Information