MembersZone Subscriber

Default Remote control monitors

Does anyone have any experience with these, if so could they provide some feedback on things like
    how easy to aim,
    how reliable,
    plus any other info that you think might be useful

Thanks!
    Busy polishing the stacked tips on the deckgun of I.A.C.O.J. Engine#1

...and before you ask - YES I have done a Bloody SEARCH!

They are expensive, but they are worth their weight in GOLD. We have one on our aerial, and 2 months after we put the truck in service it saved a house (and possibly the block) with that remote nozzle. They're pretty easy to operate and aim, but like everything else it takes practice. As for reliability, we've only had ours for about a year and a half, so it hasn't needed any real maintenance as yet.

If you're using it on an aerial, it will make your truck a 1-man operation when flowing water, freeing up manpower for other jobs. You don't have to worry about your guys on the tip being exposed to heat and flame, or having to cycle guys up for rehab and fresh bottles. I think they're worth the cost.
    I can think of no more stirring symbol of man's humanity to man than a fire engine.

--Kurt Vonnegut

Default Love ours

We have one on our new pumper, and it's great. As an operator I use it all the time and I love having it. We have one on the tip of our ladder also. Like the last post, makes things safer not to mention if a guy in on the tip he can direct it to where he can see fire over the operator of the truck and whatnot. We also have portable deck guns on each truck to supliment for the remote control if they are needed.

MembersZone Subscriber

mike021c, which manufacturer/model are you using on your pumper?
    Busy polishing the stacked tips on the deckgun of I.A.C.O.J. Engine#1

...and before you ask - YES I have done a Bloody SEARCH!

My department has an Akron DeckMaster remote control gun with a National Foam brand 1000 GPM foam nozzle on each of our two foam pumpers. We started out with the fixed control panel, but later added the remote tether control for better operator visability of the operation. The gun works great, doesn't require an operator "up on top" and auto-stows to a preprogrammed position when you are finished. We feel these monitors are of great benefit for our operation.

Thread Information