View Poll Results: Do you as a firefighter have a BA degree in something not related to firefighting?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

2 100.00%

Thread: 2nd Jobs?

Question 2nd Jobs?

Hey all! I am currently taking classes at a community college to receive my associates in fire science. I plan to go on and get a BA in something after I finish this fire program. I am wondering what some 2nd jobs firefighters have. I'm thinking about construction management, but I am curious as to what jobs are out there for firemen. Any ideas, help, or advice would be great.
    P.S. I have considered a BA in fire science but I'm thinking no on that. Thanks again! -Zach

Default Most have second jobs

Most of the guys I work with and know have second jobs. Like me, most probably have them out of necessity. The fire dept. is good, it just doesn't stretch quite far enough. Some people, including our union officials, frown on part time jobs. They say "you're a firefigther, that is your only job." Well, when I can afford to live on just my firefighter salary, believe me, I'll be the first in line to give up my parttime job. As far as what jobs do others have, well, just aboyt as many as you can name. I work for an office furniture company, quite a few from my dept. do also. They're flexible with our schedule and pay us pretty well.
    Crazy from the heat!!!

Thread Information