02/21/02 at 23:44 HRS the City of Hudson Fire Department was dispatched to box 115 for a reported mattress fire at 29 Columbia St. Upon arrival Chief of Department Colwell found heavy fire issuing from the second floor of a two and a half story dwelling. First due Engine 30 made an interior attack with one two inch attack line and knocked down all visible fire within 5 minutes of arrival.
A second floor bedroom was destroyed and the rest of the second floor sustained heavy heat and smoke damage. The dwelling is part of a one block long attached group of row houses of wood frame construction. Also responding on the box were Engines 28, 27, 64, Tower 32, and Rescue 32. The cause was determined to be accidental involving the careless use of smoking materials.
During this alarm the Greenport Fire Department responded to an alarm activation at the New York State Volunteer Firemens Home in the city which was caused by low water pressure from hydrants being opened at the structure fire.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
02-22-2002, 01:50 AM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2000
- Hudson, NY
Hudson, NY - Working fire in row house
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)