Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Turnout Gear

Question Turnout Gear

Does anyone know of a company that makes turnout pants that would fit someone with a 40"- 42" inseam.

Thanks

MFD
    Temporarily/No Longer Active

I'm not sure but Morning Pride might. The reason I say this is I'm big far as waist size and I got my bunker pants and coat as a hand me down from a guy a little bigger than me ( i wear 44 or 46 waist jeans) and my pants and coat a little baggy on me so I'd say he wears a 48 or 50)(yeah he's a big guy)but Morning Pride a GREAT company. that gear brand is the used by every single fire department in the county.. They make good stuff. They offer plenty of "useful options"(like what we call at the department " Fat boy pockets" (they're pockets right by your belly if your just outside the fire doing light work(like paperwork or tearing down hose) you can take off your gloves and put them in there. There also great for if your in a cold area like us when we get called out on a car wreck or something we might be there for awhile you can just stick your hands in there for awhile.)(I know your saying why don't you jump in the cab of the truck well sometimes on accidents scenes you can't do that cause the truck might be far off or you might be taking a 10 min break ) either call Morning Pride the company or ask the local rep. Good Luck.

If you think Morning Pride is so great, well I can just say morning pride sucks, we got some of it because everyone said it was so good and stuff. well let's say it didn't last with us. Now we are no busy Dept. with less than a 100 fire calls a year, counting accident's structures, and brush, and all the other B.S. calls. and in the few year's we have had it, we have had to replace gear three or four times b/c it falls apart and the only reason we had to get morning pride again is b/c of insurance. But if you are looking for good gear that seems to hold up I would look at the janesville gear. it goes through the same torture we have put the morning pride through and it has held up really good.

Default turn out gear

Let me tell you, Morning Pride is not the best out there, If I were to pick the best gear manufacturer out there, I would go with Janesville, They make a set called Fusion ISODRI and it is great. It is much much lighter than any other gear that I have worn. It may be a bit higher in price, but with the ISODRI treatment fused into the fabric, (NOT SPRAYED ONTO, but fused into) gives the gear an excellent water resistance/carbon resitant attribute. Not to mention the thermal liner and moisture barrier is much much better than the others out there. SO there you go. That is my opinion.
    IAFF Local 2270

Does Janesville make really long turnout pants?
    I wear a size 32" waist, but I have a 40" inseam. Must pant just do not come close to fitting.

Thanks for all the help.

My dept switched from Globe to Quest and have had good luck w/it. they do decent work in regards to service and the gear is built in ripstop style. So they may be worth a try even though alot of people hadnt heard of it.
    Member IACOJ & IACOJ EMS Bureau
    New England FOOL
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    As always these are strictly my own opinions and views

Talking TurnOut Gear

I like Globe Personally. I am a Big guy and I have always gotten a good fit with the globe gear and it holds up well.
    C.M. Baker
    Georgia

Smile Turnout

All manufacturers will do this!
    Globe, MP Securitex, Lion Quaker etc.
    Of colurse there is liable to be a charge!

Gary Zimmermann

We just got rid of our Quest Gear for the Janesville Fusion ISODRI. The uest gear did not last long, did not fit well and just did not seem to be a good investment. I would not recomend Quest gear to anyone.
    IAFF Local 2270

Chris, Janesville should be able to make any size. They will probably charge a bit more because it is not a standard size. This is a good company though and my encounters with them have done everything needed to make us happy. The company I order from is NAFECO. Northern Alabama Fire Equipment Company. Talk to a person named BRian Oaks, he can hook you up, Tell him eric from Tennessee sent you.
    IAFF Local 2270

Chris246...

Any turnout gear manufacturer should be able to accomodate you. You do pay more for custom fitted sizes...but it's worth it! Turnout gear should be custom fitted anyway...some people can wear the "small/medium/large/omar the tentmaker "off the rack" standard sizes, but it's your bod that has to wear the stuff and go into one of the most hostile environments known to man!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

As others have stated,ANY gear mfg. will build you long inseam pants.Gonzo,as usual, is right on top of the ball.I just ordered my new "suit" of globe Millenia in their GX7 style.I made the mistake of trying Securitex on the last round and never again!Lots of problems and while I'm rather hard on gear my Globe stuff never failed like that.Globe may cost a little more but I'm worth it.I'm sure other brands are good too but we've tried about everything out there and at least in my area the winner keeps coming up Globe for fit and long wear.T.C.

Thread Information