Thread: Sound Effects

Post Sound Effects

WHERE CAN I PREVIEW AND/OR ORDER THOSE SOUND EFFECTS THAT PRECEDE RADIO DISPATCHES?
    Some Dispatch Centers use a tone or a sound to call attention to the next voice message. Does anyone know where do get them? The sound that is played right before a skier starts a jump at the Olympics almost sounds like audio from a Dispatch Center. Is there a WEBSITE where I can check more sounds out? Thanks. Please POST reply here.

As far a I know they are programmed into the radio itself. I would check wih your local Motorola Dealer for a Demo of the sounds available. Each radio manufacturer has thier own types, but they are all very similiar.
    hope this helps.

Those tones are used to signal the different apparatus station pager. They are just preprogramed tones with different audible alerts. We used them to signal the voice paging system we have. They are not sound effects for what you may think they are. Each apparatus and station ems has a different tone that goes off when their station EMS or apparatus is dispatched on a call. If you have your voice pager on alert it will ring and open up the pager so you can hear the call.

Default SOUND EFFECTS

I appreciate your response. What I was alluding to, however, are the buzzers or tones that you hear just before fire dispatcher announces the assignment. There seems to be a number of them. Some are more dramatic than others. That's why I wanted to listen to a variety. Where are those sounds made? Where do you get them?

Forum Member

Lightbulb

Try Dave's Fire Department at www.geocities.com/daves_gallery/index/htm

He had lots of sound effects you can download for free.
    Steve Dragon
    FFII, Fire Instructor II, Fire Officer I, Fire Appartus Driver Operator Certified
    Volunteers are never "off duty".
    http://www.bufd7.org

you're looking for some kind of alert tone? i think they have to be programmed into your computer/plectron encoder/ whatever you send your station tones on.

Thread Information