Temporarily/No Longer Active
    Pittsville Volunteer Fire EMS Rescue Department, Inc. Pittsville MD "Pittsville Pride"

Question What does your prgram do for money? What fundraisers do you do? Please read/respond!

I was wondering what does the explorer programs around America do to make money? In my explorer program we have yardsales, car washes, and bake sales! Now that I was elected Vice President of my cadets I am trying to change everything about making money, I know that yardsales are good ideas!, and car washes should only be used if you have girls that are able to wear bikinis, and bake sales should be left for the ladies aux. WHAT DO YOU DO TO MAKE MONEY? Please let me know! I will take any ideas into consideration! Thanks in advance!

I think you are probably safe not doing car washes becase you really dont make much money off of them. Try doing some sort of dinner at one of your firehalls(example:spaghetti dinner-works great for us).

Forum Member

We had a dance a little bit ago. WEnt rather well since we have our own space for it. It wasn't bad, and we made enough off of it to make me happy.
    Firefighter/EMT Mitch Cowen
    Hose Co. 1 1st Lieutenant
    Randolph Fire Co. Inc

Default Possible Fundraisers

If you need to make some quick money there are a few possible fundraisers you could do. One is a boot drive, if you get permission from a store manager stand outside the store with just your bunkers (or full gear if you want) and see if people will donate money. Put the money in your helmet or boot, hence a boot drive. You could also try to organize a raffle. Also, just like people get the boxes of chocolate to sell for little leagues and what not, you can order boxes of like 12 fire extinguishers and sell them. I know of departments that have tried this and they seemed to work out well. Good luck raising the cash!
    "A greater love hath no man than this...."

the bordering town sold smoke detectors and had some left over so the dept. bought them for us and we are slowly (im kinda mad that no 1 is selling) but we are selling some getting back we doubled up the price so half the profit goes back to the station and we keep the other half. Also one of our explorers' mother sells candles so once we are done with the smoke alarms we will be selling his momma's candles
    Nate Breton, Vice President
    Post 333 Salem Fire Rescue

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the ability to work with fear."

I love it FF's selling candles....what do you teach in PR class...dont burn candles unless we sell them....anyway every spring we have a mulch sale bags cost 1.50 we sell em for 3.00 one of our stations makes several thousand dollars during three weekends each year

thats our new thing, selling candles to people and selling them a smoke detector, for the "just in case" factor
    Nate Breton, Vice President
    Post 333 Salem Fire Rescue

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the ability to work with fear."

We had a dance that worked out pretty well. You may want to throw in a theme for it. We also have dinners and sell T-Shirts. Hope you got some ideas. Good luck!!
    Visit us at http://www.randolphfire.org

A few ideas to think about is maybe having some kind of raffle. We are raffling off a 4-wheeler, but try maybe a tv & DVD player or something like that. We also thought about doing a Car show and possible some kind of fishing tournament if we have some interest in our community.

"We fight what you fear"

JB

Thread Information