JUST WONDERING IF ANYBODY ELSE OUT THERE LOOKS AT THE FED FIRE GRANT AS WELFARE----IF YOU ARE FROM A FIRE CO THAT GOES OUT AND WORKS TIRELESSLY TO RAISE MONEY & SPEND IT ON GOOD EQUIPMENT, APPARATUS & TRAINING, YOU ARE AT A DISADVANTAGE IN OBTAINING A GRANT TO DO THOSE SPECIAL PROJECTS YOU JUST CAN'T AFFORD. BUT IF YOU ARE A COMPANY THAT DOESN'T WORK AS HARD, YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A HANDOUT (IE GRANT). BELIEVE ME I AM APPRECIATIVE OF ANY MONIES MADE AVAILABLE TO ANY FIRE CO..BUT THE FIRE CO I BELONG TO IS NOT WELL FUNDED BY OUR MUNICIPALITY BUT WE ARE ALWAYS OUT THERE RAISING AN EXTRA BUCK ( AT THE EXPENSE OF OUR FAMILIES & SOCIAL LIFE) AND WE HAVE MADE SURE WE HAVE RELATIVELY NEW & FUNCTIONAL APPARATUS & EQUIPMENT. BECAUSE WE ARE IN THIS POSITION WE STAND LESS OF A CHANCE ON GETTING THE GRANT MONEY TO MAKE IMPROVEMENTS WE COULD NEVER AFFORD. BUT IF OUR FIRE COMPANY DIDN'T RAISE MONEY & HAD OLD TRUCKS & LOUSY EQUIPMENT WE STAND A REAL GOOD CHANCE OF GETTING THE GRANT. SEAMS LIKE THE TYPICAL GOV'T "WELFARE" ATTITUDE.
PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT I AM GLAD COMPANIES ARE GETTING BETTER EQUIPMENT ETC THRU THIS GRANT BUT I THINK THERE ALSO NEEDS TO BE A WAY OF GETTING MONEY TO THE COMPANIES LIKE MINE--WE AIN'T RICH & WE GET LITTLE FROM OUR CITY---WE JUST WORK REALLY HARD TO GET NICE STUFF---WE DON'T HAVE ALL THE BELLS & WHISTLES & NEWEST & BIGGEST & MILLION DOLLAR BUDGETS---WE ARE STUCK IN THE MIDDLE---IN BETWEEN THE HAVES & THE HAVE NOTS.