Question Tactical Worksheet

We are geeting into the IC system in our vollie dept. The problem is we don't have engine or truck companies. As the members show up on scene they are assigned. On the work sheet what do you write down to keep track? In what I have read on the IC chart E1 or T1 ( or what ever) could be a crew of 3-4 FF. In our case would you write down the names of each FF? Or just the officer in charge of the team. Open for suggestions here.
    Last edited by Gallonspermin; 02-26-2002 at 10:06 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile

I feel Tactics and Accountability are two separate things. We use a velcro tag system for accountability. We keep a Command Board in the truck for larger fires. There are many different systems out there. The best one is the one that gets used. All the fancy systems in the world are not worth squat if they don't get used.

I agree. We have an an accountibality board for members on scene and an officer keeps track of who is inside and for how long. My question is, if the IC has 3 FF to do Search, 3 for attack,3 for vent.. what would you put on the sheet under each? All 3 names? Just officer with radio? or Does it matter? Yes we could come up with a system but if someone else has one that works, I'd like suggestions.

You might consider a 2 tag system on a ring. My dept has started to implement this: each member gets one white tag and one red tag (w/name, station,allergies,address,blood type,rank,and med training) both are lamenated w/a clip attached. The white tag is placed on a large ring placed in the truck and the red is given to the accountability officer when that crew is assigned a job. w/ large rings on the accountability board and the crews on a smaller ring they can be easily transferred from position to position by just unclipping the ring and not the individual tags. w/this system if the white tags are collected u know what unit a ff was on and the red will let u know where they are. hope this helps
    Member IACOJ & IACOJ EMS Bureau
    New England FOOL
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    As always these are strictly my own opinions and views

Forum Member

Every fireman on our scene has a tag. Which has his identification number and some of Name and such on it. When they arrive on scene, they give their tag to the safety officer. He keeps track of who is on and off the scene and such. But the chief is the one who assigns them appropiatly.
    Firefighter/EMT Mitch Cowen
    Hose Co. 1 1st Lieutenant
    Randolph Fire Co. Inc

Thread Information