*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Friday, March 01, 2002
· Update – BALTIMORE Co., MD: Working fire in a dwelling at 2504 Island View Rd. BC-33 reports fire under control. Medic-7 transported (1) burn victim to Franklin Square Hospital. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 12:22a.m.
· STLFN: SPANISH LAKE (ST. LOUIS Co.), MO: Spanish Lake FPD has a 1st Alarm house fire next to 12020 Argonne x Cordova. The 1st Pumper pulled a pre-connect and a 5" backup line has been laid. [STL819]. 12:29a.m.
· STLFN: SPANISH LAKE (ST. LOUIS Co.), MO: Update on Spanish Lake FPD’s 1st Alarm at 12020 Argonne. Command has requested an EMS Unit for standby and both utilities notified. [STL819]. 12:37a.m.
· STLFN: UNIVERSITY CITY (ST.LOUIS Co.), MO: U-City FD is working a fire @ 7409 Canton. First in Engine reports smoke showing from the rear of bldg. 1 line off. [STL810/899]. 5:50a.m.
· STLFN: UNIVERSITY CITY (ST.LOUIS Co.), MO: Update on U-City FD's working fire @ 7409 Canton. S/C for 2 additional Engines: 4511 & 3210. [STL810/899]. 5:58a.m.
· EAST LANSING (INGHAM Co.), MI: **3rd Alarm Equiv.** 204 East Pointe Lane x Abbott. Fire in a 3-story Apartment building. Fire originated in the basement. Fire thru the roof. 8 total units involved. [FNNM-466>400]. 6:18a.m.
· STLFN: CENTREVILLE (ST.CLAIR Co.), IL: Golden Gardens FD is working a structure fire @ #420 Pfieffer Rd x Pocket Rd. Reported as an abandoned house. M/A Alorton & Church Road FD's. [STL810/899]. 6:21a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a working fire @ 3800 Penrose x Prairie. Fire 2nd floor in a vacant 2-story brick 2-family. 1 line off. PUMPERS: 20-8-10, BC806. [STL899]. 6:22a.m.
· DEKALB Co., GA: *2nd Alarm* 2000 Bouldercrest Rd. Large 3-story frame Apartment building with fire running the top floor. Exposure problems on the backside of the fire building with 2nd building of similar size & construction – already damaged by radiant heat. Setting Ladder Pipes. (Bill D on scene). [HNAN Walter L.). 8:51a.m.
· NEW YORK, NY: FDNY Approx Activity February 2002: Working fires: 81; 10-75’s: 237; 2nd Alarms: 20; 3rd Alarms: 1; 10-76/75: 1; 10-77/75: 4; Haz-Mat: 6; Various 45’s: 47. [MNS-30]. 10:54a.m.
· NORFOLK, VA: 2nd Alarm @ 1416 Longdale Dr. Engine 14 on scene of a 2story occupied multiple dwelling with heavy smoke showing from 2nd floor. Heavy fire in the cockloft. (VFN05). 11:23a.m.
· MOONACHIE (BERGEN Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm brush fire* on Empire Blvd. Co.'s have a large area of brush on fire with M/A to scene. [EAN100-301-503]. 1:03p.m.
· TEANECK (BERGEN Co.), NJ: ****2nd Alarm Equiv. on arrival**** 102 Walraven Dr, APT 3B cross street of Queen Ann Road. Apartment fire in an apartment building. 2 Engines special called on arrival. [MFR * EAN301]. 1:41p.m.
· Update - TEANECK (BERGEN Co.), NJ: ****2nd Alarm**** 102 Walraven Dr, APT 3B. Fire on the 3rd floor of a 3-stoy Garden Apartment complex. Fire extending to the cockloft. 2 lines working, M/A for cover, EMS for standby. [MFR * EAN301]. 1:47p.m.
· Update - TEANECK (BERGEN Co.), NJ: ****2nd Alarm**** 102 Walraven Dr, APT. 3B. Main body of fire knocked down. Companies beginning overhaul. Sounds PWH. [EAN301]. 1:56p.m.
· STLFN: (14:41hrs) ST.LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a working fire @ 448 Eichelberger. Fire in a 2-story/4-family brick. At least 1 line off. [STL899@WRK]. 2:49p.m.
· STLFN: JENNINGS (ST. LOUIS Co.), MO: Jennings FD has a 2nd Alarm Equivalent residential fire at 9201 Highway 367. They have at least 2 lines off. PUMPERS: 4710, 5110, & STLFD Pumper 27. [STL819]. 2:54p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update on STLFD's Still Alarm at 448 Eichelberger. BC 804 reports the fire is out and Companies are ventilating. [STL819]. 2:56p.m.
· STLFN: JENNINGS (ST. LOUIS Co.), MO: Update on Jennings FD's 2nd Alarm Equivalent structure fire at 9201 Highway 367. Command has requested both utilities and an Air Cascade. [STL819]. 3:01p.m.
· KANSAS CITY, MO: (14:45hrs) Working fire @ 2100 NW 64th Terrace x Delta Ave. 2.5-story masonry home 35x25 with heavy fire in rear. 2 small lines used. CAR108, P4, P38, Q44, R1, R16, T12. [KCFN-02*]. 3:32p.m.
· STLFN: JENNINGS (ST. LOUIS Co.), MO: Jennings FD: *3rd Alarm has been sounded by orders of Command for the structure fire at 9201 Highway 367. Ferguson Pumper 3010 and STLFD Pumper’s 33 and 26 responded. [STL819]. 3:39p.m.
· EAST ORANGE (ESSEX Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** on Halstead St. Heavy fire in a private dwelling. All Companies working. [EAN388]. 5:54p.m.
· PENN TWP., PA: 2nd Alarm @ 48 Bear Lane. Explosion/fire in a private dwelling. [PA33/EAN10]. 7:34p.m.
· 2nd Alarm - YORK BEACH, ME: on Logging Rd. 1.5-story structure 36x24 with attached garage Heavy smoke showing. Interior attack. Tanker shuttle in progress. *154.265* C101 [TAC9-C79]. 8:32p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD had a 1st Alarm house fire at 2837 Eads. No other info other than searches were negative. Co.'s overhauling. [STL810]. 8:40p.m.
· Update: 2nd Alarm - YORK BEACH, ME: on Logging Rd. Companies making good progress. Heavy fire knocked down. Some extension into cockloft. Companies opening up. PWH. C101 O/S [TAC9-C79]. 8:46p.m.
· JERSEY CITY (HUDSON Co.), NJ: ***3rd Alarm*** Ocean Ave @ Carteret Ave. 3-story wood frame. [MNS-30*IAP] * 9:50p.m.
· STLFN: CHESTERFIELD (ST. LOUIS Co.), MO: Chesterfield FPD has a 1st Alarm house fire at #35 Chesterfield Lakes Road. This is believed to be a working fire. NFI/ATT. [STL810]. 10:36p.m.
· YONKERS (WESTCHESTER Co.), NY: **2nd Alarm** 51 Cliff Ave. Heavy fire in building. NFI [MNS-30*IAP] * 10:49p.m.
· YONKERS (WESTCHESTER Co.), NY: *2nd Alarm* 61 Cliff Ave x Radford St. off Riverdale Ave. Fire in a dwelling. Original reports of numerous people evacuating the building & in the street. 2nd Alarm on arrival. [MNS342]. 10:49p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box 7046 at 61-08 Fresh Pond Rd near 61st St. 2-story Commercial 20x60 with fire 1st floor. E271, l136 were S/C prior to 2nd Alarm. BN-28 [MNS-30*IAP] * 10:54p.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: **2nd Alarm** 61-08 Freshpond Rd aka 61st St. @ Flushing Ave. 2-story Commercial building 20x60. Fire 1st floor. L124 FAST, BN-46 COMCORD, BN-37 SAFETYCOR, BN-28 [MNS-30*IAP] * 10:57p.m.
· Update: YONKERS (WESTCHESTER Co.), NY: *2nd Alarm* 61 Cliff Ave x Radford St. off Riverdale Ave. Fire in a 3-story frame occupied multiple dwelling 20x60. Main body of fire is knocked down. Possible extension to exposure 4, 4-story brick occupied multiple dwelling. Companies checking for extension & opening up the roof. Still DWH. [MNS342]. 11:05p.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box 7046: corrected to 61-10 Flushing Ave near 61st St. 2-story Commercial building with fire 1st floor. Main body fire knocked down. Primary search negative. No extension to exposures. Still DWH DIV-14 [MNS-30*IAP] * 11:12p.m.
· Final Update – QUEENS, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box 7046: 61-10 Flushing Ave near 61st St. 2-story Commercial building with fire 1st floor. All fire knocked down. Primary searches negative - secondary searches underway. Fire is PWH DIV-14 [MNS-30*IAP] * 11:13p.m.
· JERSEY CITY, NJ: 3rd Alarm at Ocean Ave & Carteret Ave. 3-story wood frame fully involved with extension to exposures. Exterior operations. [EANSTAFF-EAN10]. 11:14p.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: STLFD *1st Alarm* @ 3533 Cozens x Grand. Heavy fire in a 1-story building. 1 line off. Utilities requested. PUMPERS: 17-10-29-8, HL2, BC801/805, SQD-1. [STL899]. 11:28p.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: Update - STLFD's *1st Alarm* @ 3533 Cozens x Grand. 1-story vacant building. 2 lines off. Exposure problem to the east. [STL899]. 11:28p.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: Update - STLFD's *1st Alarm* @ 3533 Cozens x Grand. Defensive attack using Aerials devices. Fire is under control & Alarm struck out. [STL899]. 11:38p.m.
· 2nd Alarm - MILFORD, MA on Fruit St. 3-story wood frame well involved. All Companies ordered out of the building. *453.125* C51 [TAC9-C79]. 11:49p.m.
*** FirePage Ohio Report for March 1, 2002 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky and we will soon add Eastern Indiana and the City of Indianapolis. Beginning in early 2002, we will be sending all of our incident notifications via E-Mail. So, if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an email address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information, you can contact us at our office, (937) 399-4197, email us at email@example.com or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatcher Scott Berringer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Youngstown: W/F 62 Pyatt St. Cos: Eng 2, 9, 7, Lad 22, 24, Squad 33, BN 1. 2. FPO/258/D217 ©
Marion (Marion): *Water Main Break* 24 inch water main break @ Center & David St. Almost no water pressure in areas West of downtown. All county FDs on alert. FPO/264/D276 ©
Jefferson Twp (Franklin): MVA/PIN Havens Corner & Waggoner. 2 car MVA into a field with entrapment. Cos: Quint 141, Med 141, 403 (West Licking JFD), Res133enG (Mifflin Twp), Res121cuE (Plain Twp), BN 131, Ch 130, 140. FPO/284/D260 ©
Erie, PA: W/F Box # 53 @ 615 East 8th. Cos: Eng 3, 8, 13, 6, TL 1, DC 324. Heavy smoke from 30 x 40 SFD. FI 3, 4, EMS 39 also on scene. FPO/800*/801*/323*/D276 ©
Jefferson Twp (Franklin): MVA/PIN Havens Corner & Waggoner. Head-on MCA. Prolonged extrication. Med 141 & 403 enroute to Grant with 1 each, level 1 traumas. FPO/284/D260 ©
Erie, PA: W/F Box # 53 @ 615 East 8th. Eng 13 - FAST Team. FPO/800*/801*/D323* ©
Erie, PA: W/F Box # 53 @ 615 East 8th. DC 324 reports fire K/D. Holding all companies. FPO/800*/801*/D323* ©
Erie, PA: W/F Box # 53 @ 615 East 8th. 1 FF transported to Hospital with leg injury. EMS 47 S/C'd. FPO/800*/801*/D323* ©
Parma (Cuyahoga): *Rescue Run* 1760 Hopehaven. Female fell down in ravine behind that location. Lower leg fracture. Cos: Eng 4, Ambo 4, Lad 1. Using stokes Basket for extrication. FPO/D703 ©
Cleveland: *ALERT 2* Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. Inbound aircraft with unsecure door. Cos: Eng 43, 38, 39, Lad 39, Squad 2, & BN 3. FPO/D703 ©
Cleveland: *ALERT 2* Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. Aircraft landed without incident. All companies in service. FPO/D703 ©
Cleveland: W/F East 84 & Central. 2.5 sty house. Cos: Eng 9, 26, Lad 10, Squad 1 & BN 1. Unknown Worker or RIT. FPO/700/D703 ©
Sheffield Twp (Lorain): W/F 2083 Roosevelt Ave. House fire. M/A Elyria Twp. MF/FPO/700/D703 ©
Cleveland: MVA/PIN 16535 DeForest. Cos: Eng 6, Lad 36, Squad 1, BN 5, & EMS. NFI ATT. FPO/D703 ©
Norwich Twp (Franklin): MVA/PIN Elliott Rd & Scioto Darby Rd. Cos: Eng 81, Med 81, Res81cuE, BN 80. 1 car rollover with pin. Med 81 to Grant with 1, level 1 trauma. FPO/260/D284 ©
Girard, PA (Erie): W/F 7200 Block of Lexington Ave. Fully involved structure. Cos: Eng 552, 553, 562, 563, Res 558, Squad 557, 567, Util 565. RP 539 is FAST Team. FPO/D801 ©
--- Pages Today: 16
--- Pages YTD: 796
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
Hartford Citywide Radio Association Incident Log
Shrewsbury, MA /2nd Alarm/ 85 Floral St 1wdfr dwelling fire in the rear13:35
Watertown, CT /2nd Alarm on Arrival/ 615 Straights Tpk “10 Acre Mall” fire in one store 15:13
East Hartford, CT /10-75/ 89 Terrace Ave 1.5wdfr 15:32
Milford, CT /10-75/ Plains Dr a garage fire extending to dwelling (1) firefighter 10-45 unk code (burns) 10:29
Colebrook, CT /10-75/ 4 Silhouette Dr unk type bldg NFI 14:54
East Longmeadow, MA /10-31/ North Main St “Heritage Plaza” car into bldg (1) 10-45 Code 2 (serious) 17:51
Shelton, CT /10-75/ 15 Wall St car fire extended to (2) OMD’s NFI 20:15
Waterbury, CT /10-75/ 413 Mount Carmel Ave 1wdfr dwelling NFI 21:04
New Canaan, CT /10-31/ 123 Canoe Hill Rd 1 car rollover 1 pinned R-5 req 09:32
Hartford, CT /10-75/ Hushoppe Ave an out bldg with a 500 gallon diesel tank as an exposure 11:27
East Longmeadow, MA /10-31/ 340 Westwood Ave car vs pole with live wires down power co req 13:17
Hartford, CT /10-31/ Fairfield Ave and Maple Ave NFI 14:33
New Britain, CT /10-30/ 170 High St vacant 3wdfr fire in 1 room 16:54
Bristol, RI /10-75/ 9 Bayview Ave 2wdfr (1) 10-45 Code 2 (serious) NFI 17:58
Waterbury, CT /10-31/ Rt8 Connector SB 3 cars 1 pinned 12:51
Guilford, CT /2nd Alarm/ 23 Whitfield St “Saint George's Church” NFI 13:19
Trumbull, CT /10-75/ 91 Wilson Ave 2wdfr NFI 14:19
Providence, RI /10-30/ 27 South Main St “RI School of Design” 3wdfr fire in the duct work 16:28
Columbia, CT /10-31/10-43 req/ Rt6 at the town garage (4) 10-45 Code 2 (serious) 1 pinned R-5 X3 req 16:38
Torrington, CT /10-75/ 30 Ryan Ter a dwelling NFI 19:12
Hamden, CT /10-75/ Robert St unk type bldg NFI 21:01
Branford, CT /2nd Alarm/ 117 Peddlers Dr “Greens Condos” a garage fire extended to two dwellings 23:07
HCRA Website: http://www.hartfordcitywide.com
London Fire Brigade Daily Report
01 Mar 02
1102 G29 Willesden Fatality fire at 92 Dayton Rd, 1st flr apartment fire, 1 civilian DOA.
0541 G24 Southall 4 pump fire, persons reported at Woburn Towers on Radcliffe Way, 3rd flr apartment fire using 1 hosereel, thermal imaging camera, 1 civilian w/smoke inhalation.
Runs for the day: 704
Runs for the year: 40865
CINCINNATI FIRE DEPARTMENT
District Fire Chief Howard Reed 352-2311
Time: 03:30 a.m.
This District Chief Howard Reed from District #1 of the Cincinnati Fire Department reporting on water leak that occurred four minutes after midnight at Sak's 5th Avenue Department store, located at 101 W. 5th Street on 3/1/02.
The leak occurred when a pipe that feeds the sprinkler system of Sak's broke at one the elbows. The damage to the pipe appeared to be caused by the cold temperature in the store's skywalk area and the age of the pipe. The water caused approximately $50,000.00 damage, $175,000.00 damage to the Closson's Interior Designer store located at 401 Race Street and $50,000.00 to the Hyatt Regency Hotel located at 161 W. 5th Street.
Twenty-six firefighters from two engine companies and four ladder companies were used at this incident. It took two hours and 30 minutes to remove the large volume of water from the three locations. After the completion of the water remover, the property was turn over to property employees.
For any additional information contact District Chief Howard Reed at 352-2311
Fredrick A. Prather
Fredrick A. Prather, District Fire Chief
Cincinnati Fire Department Fire Prevention Bureau
430 Central Avenue Cincinnati,
Phone: (513) 357-7595, Fax: (513) 357-7579
Newberg, Oregon 4th Alarm Commerical fire
At approximately 0430 hours PST, March 1, 2002, Newberg Fire Department was dispatched to a reported Commerical Structure fire at the SP Newsprint facility at 1301 Wynooski Street.
The facility stores recycled newspaper rolls.
Philadelphia Pa- 3-01-02
0735 Hours: Tac-Box#7746 20th & Cecil B. Moore. A/o/f 1700 N. Uber St.
Engine 27, Engine 13, Ladder 1, Ladder 14, Battalion 3
0737 Hours: Battalion 3 o/s rpting a 3 sty vacant garage, 40 x 60, fill out the box and wants 2 & 2 i/s.
Pipeline 34, Engine 45, Ladder 12, Battalion 8, Medic 13
0747 Hours: Deputy 2 and Rescue 1 are dispatched
0752 Hours: 2nd Alarm is struck
Pipeline 50, Engine 2, Squrt 43, Pipeline 20, Engine 29, Battalion 4, Battalion 11, Battalion 1, Medic 25
0801 Hours: Ladder 3 is dispatched
0810 Hours: Pipeline 61 cover Engine 2, Engine 24 cover Engine 27, Engine 53 cover Engine 13, Snorkel 5 cover Ladder 1, Engine 35 cover Engine 45, Squrt 57 cover Squrt 43
0815 Hours: Fire Under Control by orders of Deputy 2
0830 Hours: SA-1 is responding.
(note-1 victim was found doa while a crane was taking away the debris.)
Phila. Second Alarmers
***BALTIMORE, MARYLAND FIRE HISTORY***
for March 1st:
1895: E-19 organized & placed in active service - Disbanded 7/19/2000. (TUH*CHM2)
1895: T-10 organized & placed in active service. (TUH*CHM2)
1956: E-3 responded to a silent alarm @ 2345hrs, to a junk yard @ 6200 Erdman Ave (East Baltimore) - Lieutenant Ralph Snowman & Members of the Company were met by a round of gunshots when they attempted to climb over the padlocked gate with a hoseline to extinguish a fire visible within - Before the amazed & frightened firefighters could hide or drive off, another round of bullets whistled around their ears - Luckily, the 65 year old watchman, a recluse who lived in a shack on the property, was not a crack shot & the firefighters were not hit - He was arrested for hindering the firefighters doing their lawful duty. (TUH)
1960: 5 Alarms - Box#1939 - 0656hrs - 1101 S Conkling St - Canton (Southeast Baltimore) - Fire involved the Hamm's Brewery - An explosion ripped through the new fermenting cellar & (2) workers were burned to death - BC-1, Henry G. Ey, encountered a solid wall of fire & sounded the 2nd alarm @ once - Efforts to get to the trapped men were unsuccessful & 5 alarms were sounded by 0745hrs - Injured battling the fire were Captains Harry R. Ballman, Fire Investigation, & Otto Panuska, T-20, Firefighters George Fairley, E-41, Arthur Meyers, E-51, John Debelius & William Goodwin, T-20. (CHM1*TUH)
1986: 2 Alarms + Special Call 1 Truck(28) & 1 Engine(10) - Box#651 - 1006hrs - Northbound Hanover St Ramp To Southbound I-95 - South Baltimore - An overturned tank truck dumped 8,000 gallons of diesel fuel on the street with some entering the sewer - A private contractor which specializes in cleaning up spills, responded & helped abate the hazard - Some units were out until 1635hrs. (TGA)
1987: 2 Alarms - Box#8223 - 0153hrs - 2011 E 31st St - Montebello (Northeast Baltimore) - Fire, caused by a pot of food left on the stove, completely burned out this 2 story brick rowhouse & caused smoke & other damage to 2009 & 2013 E 31st St. (TGA)
George T. Ehrman
· The Original Chicago FireHISTORY: Feb 29, 1928: ENGINE 45 & TRUCK 15 to new quarters at 4600 S. Cottage Grove (same site as previous house). *MAR 1, 1886: ENGINE 36 organized at 2346 W. 25th St. and TRUCK 11 organized at 9 E. 36th Place. *MAR 1, 1915: ENGINE 121 organized at 1700 W. 95th St. and in 1941 TRUCK 40 organized at Engine 121 7 they reverted back to a regular Engine Company after being a Combination Company since 1932. In 1928 ENGINE 128 reorganized at 2100 W. Eastwood in F/Q of Engine 70. *In 1941 TRUCK 43 reorganized at 2322 W. Foster Ave at Engine 110. *In 1925 FDNY RESCUE Co. 2 organized in Brooklyn at Engine 210. [CHGO-18].
This sight contains a lot of good fire pictures. For those of us do not understand what the term of greater fire means in LA. This shows some picture of them.
Click here: CHIBI Photos
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
(ICP) Incident Command Page of Arizona, Inc.
[ICP963] Roy Schahrer
P.O. Box 16800-349
Mesa, Arizona 85211
Paging carrier: Pagenet and Arch
Phone # (602) 259-6055
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
Box 8 Club of St. Louis Inc.
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportemail@example.com
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2002 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: World Of Fire Report: 03-01-02
03-03-2002, 12:32 AM #1
World Of Fire Report: 03-01-02
Last edited by PaulBrown; 03-03-2002 at 12:35 AM.
07-27-2007, 11:52 PM #2
I know this was from forever ago but what is it??
07-28-2007, 10:17 AM #3
- Join Date
- May 2002
- Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!
07-29-2007, 12:56 AM #4
well ya but I don't get like wheres it from?
Whys it here?
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)