Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Temporarily/No Longer Active Station7Cadet's Avatar
    Pittsville Volunteer Fire EMS Rescue Department, Inc. Pittsville MD "Pittsville Pride"

Default Just wondering: what type of does your department get most?

I was wondering what call does your department get most? Fire, Accident, or Haz-Mat. How many calls does your department get a year?

This is not including Emergency Medical calls.

I know that my department has a few calls each year last year we had 131 calls for 2001 (not including EMS). I think that most of your calls were fire related, that would make sence I was just wondering (I wonder a lot) if there are any departments that have more accidents or Haz Mat calls.

Our company runs about 430 calls a year. I would have to say we run more alarm systems than anything else. The calls are pretty much spread out so we do run a variety of calls like auto extrications, dwellings, buildings,and mutual aid.

Forum Member

Default Some... this... some .... that

Well. We run about 5-7 fires a year. Most of which are chimney fires, and the strucutre is not really damaged. And normally about 1-2 actual working fires. I would say that about 45% of our calls are car accidents. We have a lot of windy roads, and we have Interstate 86 running through our district so we cover quitea few miles on that. HAZ-MAT, hardly ever, the only time our HAZ-MAT stuff gets used is at car accidents for liquid spills.
    Firefighter/EMT Mitch Cowen
    Hose Co. 1 1st Lieutenant
    Randolph Fire Co. Inc

mitch_rfd_ny sounds about the same as our dept. Not too many fires, but quite a few car accidents.
    Visit us at http://www.randolphfire.org

Forum Member

Stupid, I am in your department! rnd15fd! lol
    Firefighter/EMT Mitch Cowen
    Hose Co. 1 1st Lieutenant
    Randolph Fire Co. Inc

my department is pretty busy yearly we run about 4,000 calls im not sure which is medical and which isnt but i think we run maybe a little more medical than rescue/fire but we are a really busy dept.
    Nate Breton, Vice President
    Post 333 Salem Fire Rescue

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the ability to work with fear."

We run mostly car wrecks. We get the occasional car fire and depending on the time of year we get a decent amount of grass woods fires with probaly 8-10 strcutures a year.

Matthew
    Oxford (CATFISH) Volunteer Fire Department
    -These are my opinions and in no way do they represent or reflect the department I am on

Wink

My company gets an average of 180 fire calls each year. Most of those are accidents. We get a lot of brush fires, but only about 10-15 structure fires.
    Big Dawg

"Find 'em HOT, leave 'em WET!"

"VOLUNTEER FIREFIGHTERS are NEVER off duty!!!"

Last year we had about 75 fire calls, of that 14 were structures. we are fire/rescue. we had about 120-140 rescue calls last year. wrecks are included in both of those counts. we dont really do hazmat, since CSX has a railyard in our neighboring district, so just about any hazmat incident, CSX sends there own crew.

we average about 200 calls a year (excluding about 400 ambulance calls) and we have more mva's than pretty much anything else.

we run about 150-200 calls a year, and the veg fires and t/c's are pretty evenly split. we only have one main road in and out of our community, and like the two up there, its really friggin twisty. plus, we have a buttload of brush, and people just love lightin it up.
    JC Makusztak
    Explorer Lieutenant/Firefighter Trainee
    San Bernardino County Fire Dept.
    Station 20, Lytle Creek

My Dept ran just under 300 calls in 2001. Those are just fire related calls. We contract with private EMS. Most of our calls are fire alarm activations and MVA's, also in the winter we get quite a few chimminy fires.

Default Haz-Mat gots its place in time

Well we usually have about 20 brush/misc. fires a year. 1-3 Working structure fires and 100 car fires or accidents. We had about 20 Haz-Mat calls in one week when that anthrax thing was going on, with anthrax in the mailbox and stuff. But alot, ALOT of our calls are medicals, since we run with the county ambulance. (Geez!)

We run about 1100, give or take a hundred, this year has been a little slow compared to last. About 50% of those are mecicals, we run all the medicals in our district, we do basic stuff before the medics arrive. We also have defibs of course, so we can have a patient shocked 3 or 4 minutes before the medics arrive because they aren`t always around the corner. About half of the 50% left over are mutual aid to other districts, most are fire alarms. What`s left are in district calls, most are fire alarms once again, in residentials, or the schools. We probably get about 20 or so accidents a year, with an occasional serious one, we rarely get haz mat calls. As for structure fires, we can always get 1 good one a year, maybe 2. IF your lucky you can pick up a good mutual aid fire.

Last year our department responded on over 2000 calls. About 900 and something calls were fire related. (car fire, grass fire, fire alarm, structure fire, etc.) However, the majority of our calls by far are medical emergencies. (our units respond with the cities' ambulances to all medicals) We also have a lot of MVAs and other calls. We stay pretty busy.

We get about 200 calls a year, 98% of those are bs alarm activations, but we get usually like 4-5 workers during the year, haven't had any so far this year, a good handful of brush fires, more so far this year due to the drought, and for MVA's we usually only get punched out for it unless there is a gas leak for extrication.
    9-11-01 FDNY 343 - Lest We Forget

Since westville is called "The Gateway to South Jersey"
    We are always busy with motor Vehicle crashes with Interstate 295 and I-95 and Us Rt. 130, Us. rt 45, and Delsea Drive(RT.41) i say the busiest calls that we got was crashes with 113. Next would be Alarm System with 50 then Working Fires with 43 calls. All this info was the year 2001 we had 410 calls
    Rob aka Squinty

The Fighting Seventy-Third

Westville Fire Department
    Gloucester County
    New Jersey

Thread Information