Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    Forum Member

Smile Introduction of a new vol. firefighter trainee to be.

Hi: My name is Jim Mancuso aka Rangerjim and I am about to join my hometown volunteer fire department doing exterior work, for which I have passed my physical. I am looking forward to giving something back to my community and the department which was there when I needed them as the result of a head on collision I was involved in back on July 21,1997. The Perry,NY fire department consists of two companies, Citizens Chemical and City Protectives, plus a training company, which I will go through first. As to which of the other two to join, I am undecided as of this writing but will make a decision at the next meeting I am invited to. I had thought about it for quite some time, but the accident I was in served as my wakeup call, plus the tragic events of 9-11 helped me make up my mind that this would be a great way to give something back to my community. It is in memory of those who lost their lives in 9-11 that Iwill dedicate my service to, no matter what my assigned duties will be and to make my service glorify our Heavenly Father as best as I can. I am aware of the hazards and the hard work that lie ahead, but I could not think of a more fitting way to serve my community than my hometown fire department or any other service where I may be of value. I am willing to lay down my life for others should that be necessary and look forward to serving my community for many years to come. God bless all who read this and God Bless America.
    Jim Mancuso

It is people like you that make it worth while. You have been helped by an emergency service and now you are going to join and give back to the community. Listen to those who are experienced and learn all you can because one day someone like yourself in 1997 will need your help.

Don't ever forget 9-11.

Forum Member

Smile Update on my Intention to Join my Department

A few days after my posting, I conferred with my fire chief as per the physical I took. It seems to show that I am fit for mostly administrative duties, which is a start. At the time of my physical on January 24, I had just begun a personal program to get myself into shape to do more than just admininstrative duties, which I will be happy to help with any way I can. I am two months into the program and usually after about a 30-40 minute workout, am hardly winded at all, though I am heavier than I should be for a guy 5'3" but it is a work in progress and I have raised a question as to whether the physical condition in question is correctable or was something found I know nothing about. I am not giving up on this ambition to join the fire department that was there in my time of need, just treating this as a work in progress. Keep your fingers crossed and let's hope for the best. I had the fire fighters lost on 9-11 in mind as well as my desire to give something back to my department and community for the decision to join. Thanks for the reply and God bless you and God Bless America.
    Jim Mancuso

Thread Information