Thread: Raising Funds.

Default Raising Funds.

I am looking for any fundraising ideas, or any grants that any of you may know about for TIC's. I am trying to get a fund drive campaign going in my community to purchase one. Any help will be appreciated.

http://www.biglervillefire.freeservers.com
    The views of Asst23g are just that, my views. Not nessicarily the views of my department.

Forum Member

We contacted our local Pizza Hut and they allowed us to work for a night with a percentage of proceeds going to us. We went door to door with our local businesses and informed them what the camera does, what is offers them as far as less damage, and asked for all the help they could offer us. We hosted a local bank concert where 3 or 4 local bands came and played and charged a door entry fee plus accepted all donations. We set up an informational booth showing what camera does at every public event that we could. We did some digging with our local government on past bond projects to find any unused monies.

Basically, anything you can do to get one helps. Make sure you publicize in your local papers. These camera's are getting to be seen by the public from TV shows and such, let them know you need one.

Good Luck.

Cool

Thanks for the ideas Bones. I'll be sure to use some of them. Your help is appreciated
    The views of Asst23g are just that, my views. Not nessicarily the views of my department.

Forum Member

It's a shame Pennsylvania did away with the grant program we had last year, that's how we got ours.

A few neighboring companies got theirs through local community groups, Lions, Masons, Exchange, Kiwanis, etc. Get yourself invited to their meetings, have your information ready and don't be afraid to beg. Afterall, if your don't ask, you don't get.

Check out Bullard's web site. they have a lot of stuff you can download to help with funding campaigns. It's the only manufacturer's site I've ever seen that helps you get the money you need to buy their product. Not that I'm pushing Bullard, we have a Scott.

Good luck.
    Steve Dragon
    FFII, Fire Instructor II, Fire Officer I, Fire Appartus Driver Operator Certified
    Volunteers are never "off duty".
    http://www.bufd7.org

I'm goiong to try something similar to that with a questin and answer type night with a presentation. Thanks for the ideas and I will check out that site.

Thread Information