Default Prayers for NC FF injured.

I am in NC near Charlotte. As I was talking to my fellow firefighters today I was told about a Charlotte FF who was seriously injured at a fire with his volunteer FD today. I understand this FF was battling a house fire and was unaware of a fire in the basement below. The floor gave way and he fell into the heavily involved basement. 3 firefighters came to his aid were also burnt in the rescue. I understand this unknown firefighter was flown to the burn unit in Chapel Hill, NC.

Please remember our BROTHER in your prayers. There is no way to imagine the pain our BROTHER and his family are going through now.
    I pray God will bless our BROTHER and his family, and touch him with is might healing hand.

God bless you,

Firefighter45

Forum Member

The article covering the incident you speak of is on the opening page of www.firehouse.com. I don't know the firefighter personally, ut I am good friends with one of his co-workers. He did fall into a fully involved basement and suffered severe burns over more than 80% of his body. He was airlifted to Carolina's Medical Center and then to the Burn Center at Chapel Hill. Josh Earley is his name. I received an e-mail from Capt. Trey Smith of Charlotte FD, where Josh is a full time firefighter. He asked that we all keep Josh in our prayers. Also, he asked that we remember the entire Harrisburg Fire & Rescue Department in our prayers as well. The outlook at this time does not look hopeful. We can only pray that God will intervene with Josh's situation and ease his pain according to his will.

Remember all our brothers in pain and trouble.
    Tell me, I will forget. Show me, I will remember. Involve me, I will understand.

As a result of FF Earley's injuries, God took him home today 3/6/02.
    I did not know FF Earley personally but he is still my BROTHER. It's hard to fathom that something we love so much can have a tragic outcome as this, but I think we all are aware of the risks involved.

To the family, friends, and co-workers:
    All of you are in our prayers. I will pray that God will help you deal with your overbearing pain and comfort you in this time of tragedy.

God Bless You,
    Firefighter45

Default Gone But Not Forgotten, NC FF Josh Earley:(

To Chief Greene, Harrisburg Volunteer Fire Department, Charlotte Fire Department, and Sincere condolences to the Earley Family.

When you've been in emergency services for years it always hurts to see a fallen brother. I as a new volunteer fire fighter with Mt Mitchell VFD fought beside Josh on more than one occasion. My training came not only from the VFD that I served, But also Charlotte. Today, I received calls from 1200 miles away to let me know of the death of Josh. Fire fighters are condidered family no matter how far from home that you are. So to all of those still in the Carolinas please stand for me, for Josh.

Fire Fighters are just as great here in San Antonio as in the Carolinas, I might not be home, but we still get the news

With Deepest Sympathy

Pam Walts MtMVFD1813 Kann.N>C> San Antonio, Texas
    Pam Walts

Thread Information