Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Question Civil Air Patrol?????

Does anyone know anything about Civil Air Patrol? I was a cadet in CAP before I became a firefighter. I got a lot of good training and experience from my time in CAP. Actually, it's what sparked my interest in firefighting so many years ago. So, any former members? Any experiences with CAP?
    Big Dawg

"Find 'em HOT, leave 'em WET!"

"VOLUNTEER FIREFIGHTERS are NEVER off duty!!!"

Default CAP

I am currently a Cadet Captain in CAP. What you wanna know? I can tell you pretty much whatever you wanna know.
    The above views are my personal beliefs and do not represent those of my employers.

Cadet LTC here. Been a member for....oh boy.....about 8 years now. Almost to that point of going SM. I've done abit of everything. Student pilot's license in Gliders and Hot Air Balloons, Worked REd Cap SAR missions, Attended Air Force firefighing classes in WI. Doe about everything, and had fun the entire time.

code_blue81
    Jeremy Culver
    IACOJ Bureau of EMS

These views are my own and do not represent the views or opinions of anyambulance service that I am affiliated with.

Help our fellow firefighters.
    www.helpingourown.com
    "Firefighters Helping Firefighters"

Temporarily/No Longer Active Station7Cadet's Avatar
    Pittsville Volunteer Fire EMS Rescue Department, Inc. Pittsville MD "Pittsville Pride"

I reseacrched them and it looks fun but where I live the booneys there is no CAP around here, atleast I don't think that there is, do you know where I can make sure?

To answer Station7cadet's question, the best way to find out is to talk to a local air force recruiter. Also, I was a member of Squadron 301 in York PA, and I do remember hearing about a squadron in Westminster MD. Be careful though, I was lucky enough to get into a ranger Squadron, but in MD they don't have a ranger program and they don't do much SAR.
    As for needing to know, I was just curious how many firefightres had CAP experience.
    Thanx for responding everyone.
    Big Dawg

"Find 'em HOT, leave 'em WET!"

"VOLUNTEER FIREFIGHTERS are NEVER off duty!!!"

MembersZone Subscriber DFCFFEMT14's Avatar

I've been in CAP since Dec of 1999. I am currently a C/1Lt, but will hopefully be getting C/Capt within the next month or so. My squadron is fairly small. During the time I've been there it has fluctuated from between 6 to 15 cadets per meeting on a regular basis. We are at about 10 right now. I am also currently the Cadet Commander. I've been to quite a few activities and Cap is great if you have the time to devote to it. The biggest problem I have with it, esp in my squadron is the 'politics', basically there is one cadet, a C/2Lt, that the sr members all just love. She isn't an effective leader and relies too much on what the sr members tell her. That can be a pain trying to rectify because there are things that need too be fixed, yet because of the situation it is hard to just say "these things need to be fixed" because the cadet and sr members feel like I'm picking on that cadet. So needless to say, in some ways I'll be glad to go off to college this fall and be done with it.
    Well, I guess I said more than needed, but oh well, it gives my POV on what things can be like.
    So, yeh, there are other members out here!!
    Stay Safe

Ryan Dennett
    FF/EMT-I

"Some ask why. I answer: I know where I am going when I die, and so I do not fear it. Some people need more time to figure it out. I am that extension. My life for yours."
    Marc 'SkipJack270'

Thread Information