MembersZone Subscriber

Lightbulb Surplus Equipment

Over the years i have received emails concerning donating items to needy departments. Now when i want to grab the bull by the horns, i cannot find anything. There was a program out there for this but i cannot remember any of it. There was a nation wide one and one in the state of New York. Any info would be appreciated. Did that good samaratin law that takes the responsibility from the donating dept away ever get passed?
    Last edited by TLFD40; 03-07-2002 at 09:37 AM.
    BE ALERT AND STAY ALIVE
    ASST CHIEF
    TLVFD, NY

Forum Member

Default Helping Our Own

Try contacting Mark Warick at Helping Our Own. (www.helpingourown.org) He can put you in contact with either HOO Coordinators in NY or can put you in straight contact with a dept. that needs what you have to offer.

As for the Good Samaritan law...I dont' know. I did here that Helping Our Own was trying to lobby for it to pass. HOO asks that all equipment have all labels, patches, and markings from your dept. removed therefore the equipment cannot be traced back to you. I hope this helps and if you have any questions email me at : code_blue81@yahoo.com.

Helping Our Own
    www.helpingourown.com
    Mark Warnick, Founder
    mark@helpingourown.com

code_blue81
    Jeremy Culver
    IACOJ Bureau of EMS

These views are my own and do not represent the views or opinions of anyambulance service that I am affiliated with.

Help our fellow firefighters.
    www.helpingourown.com
    "Firefighters Helping Firefighters"

Temporarily/No Longer Active
    Pittsville Volunteer Fire EMS Rescue Department, Inc. Pittsville MD "Pittsville Pride"

heling our own is one but some forestry departments may donate trucks for brush use only to fight the fire before they get there. We had one but gave it back we are getting a new one!

Thread Information